“New York in Delray!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bagels With
Ranked #82 of 405 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe and Deli
“New York in Delray!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Great appetizers, bagels, cold cuts etc. Our "go to" place in Delray...although we usually bring it all home for a family feast.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Boca Raton, Florida
“Great breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I have never had anything bad here and I have been coming here for years. Favorite place to grab breakfast and take lunch to go on our way to the beach.

• Visited April 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“Only tried chick nood matzo ball soup and chicken salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I would love to rate the soup above average, but can't. It was SO SALTY I could not even consume the broth. However, I DID prefer their matzo balls to another deli (the only other one) where I tried their chicken noodle with matzo ball soup, which was on the OPPOSITE end of the spectrum -- extremely, extremely bland broth.

I chose the chicken noodle soup with the matzo ball. I bought THREE quarts of this stuff but my blood pressure would go SHOOTING from the salt, and my taste buds couldn't even take it (and I am not a salt wimpy AT ALL).

While I was there, I decided to get something from the deli for the next day for lunch. I had never been there before, which I told them, and was not sure what to get.

The chicken salad looked good - - all white meat, not too much mayo.

The guy behind the counter said he prefered the other chicken salad - which had some other ingredients in it (dill, etc.)

I was waivering, I said, quite clearly, that I had never been there -- made that SO clear it was my first time, wasn't sure how things tasted-- Buying a pound (at almost 13 bucks each) was scary when you don't know if you'll like something and be stuck with it, regardless, for lunch for the next few days.

Do you think the guy would offer me a tiny taste of the one he liked best? Either, really, but you'd think he'd want a customer to return for something he thought was better.

Nope.

Right there I had a negative opinion of this place not going out of their way to please a customer (or make a new one by offering to try something they might love).

So I got the regular chicken salad, which was actually quite bland (contrast to the overly salty soup - never in my life, honestly, have I purchased soup that salty). The salad being too bland was absolutely OK in my opinion because at least you can add salt or pepper, whatever, to your own taste. I could not take the salt out of the soup (all 3 quarts were majorly salty).

I don't think I will go back to try anything else, but I don't rate this as below average because honestly, with only trying two items?? I don't feel I can judge the entire establishment.

There is a place to sit and eat, I saw they do make sandwiches and had bagels. They were open until 4 pm, if memory serves from the sign out front.

Oh, I also bought 2 dessert items, container of rugula (spell???) which were OK. I am not familiar with this dessert item, so I can't compare it to other places or bakeries. :)

Hope this helped -- my advice is to ask to TASTE before you buy; especially the soup. WHEW!! I have never had soup I had to throw away before because it was too salty. I just scooped any "stuff" out and then down the drain went the broth.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TheWanderer305
“I love their bagels!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I love their bagels!! I have been coming here for years! I don't live here anymore, but every time I'm in delray, I have to come here for their everything bagel and veggie cream cheese. The everything bagel is the best bagel I've ever had and their veggie cream cheese has fresh, chopped up veggies.

• Visited June 2012
Delray Beach, Florida
“Great food and value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food, lots of selections. We have tried many of the items on the menu for lunch and everything is great. Sandwiches are so large that we always take a half home for the next day.
Salads are terrific. You can customize your own with lots of toppings. It is my favorite casual lunch spot. It gets busy so there can be a wait, but they get everyone taken care of quickly. They also do great specials.

• Visited April 2013