“Only tried chick nood matzo ball soup and chicken salad”
Review of Bagels With

Bagels With
Ranked #87 of 412 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Description: Cafe and Deli
Description: Cafe and Deli
Miami Beach, Florida
“Only tried chick nood matzo ball soup and chicken salad”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I would love to rate the soup above average, but can't. It was SO SALTY I could not even consume the broth. However, I DID prefer their matzo balls to another deli (the only other one) where I tried their chicken noodle with matzo ball soup, which was on the OPPOSITE end of the spectrum -- extremely, extremely bland broth.

I chose the chicken noodle soup with the matzo ball. I bought THREE quarts of this stuff but my blood pressure would go SHOOTING from the salt, and my taste buds couldn't even take it (and I am not a salt wimpy AT ALL).

While I was there, I decided to get something from the deli for the next day for lunch. I had never been there before, which I told them, and was not sure what to get.

The chicken salad looked good - - all white meat, not too much mayo.

The guy behind the counter said he prefered the other chicken salad - which had some other ingredients in it (dill, etc.)

I was waivering, I said, quite clearly, that I had never been there -- made that SO clear it was my first time, wasn't sure how things tasted-- Buying a pound (at almost 13 bucks each) was scary when you don't know if you'll like something and be stuck with it, regardless, for lunch for the next few days.

Do you think the guy would offer me a tiny taste of the one he liked best? Either, really, but you'd think he'd want a customer to return for something he thought was better.

Nope.

Right there I had a negative opinion of this place not going out of their way to please a customer (or make a new one by offering to try something they might love).

So I got the regular chicken salad, which was actually quite bland (contrast to the overly salty soup - never in my life, honestly, have I purchased soup that salty). The salad being too bland was absolutely OK in my opinion because at least you can add salt or pepper, whatever, to your own taste. I could not take the salt out of the soup (all 3 quarts were majorly salty).

I don't think I will go back to try anything else, but I don't rate this as below average because honestly, with only trying two items?? I don't feel I can judge the entire establishment.

There is a place to sit and eat, I saw they do make sandwiches and had bagels. They were open until 4 pm, if memory serves from the sign out front.

Oh, I also bought 2 dessert items, container of rugula (spell???) which were OK. I am not familiar with this dessert item, so I can't compare it to other places or bakeries. :)

Hope this helped -- my advice is to ask to TASTE before you buy; especially the soup. WHEW!! I have never had soup I had to throw away before because it was too salty. I just scooped any "stuff" out and then down the drain went the broth.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TheWanderer305

“I love their bagels!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I love their bagels!! I have been coming here for years! I don't live here anymore, but every time I'm in delray, I have to come here for their everything bagel and veggie cream cheese. The everything bagel is the best bagel I've ever had and their veggie cream cheese has fresh, chopped up veggies.

• Visited June 2012
Delray Beach, Florida
“Great food and value!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food, lots of selections. We have tried many of the items on the menu for lunch and everything is great. Sandwiches are so large that we always take a half home for the next day.
Salads are terrific. You can customize your own with lots of toppings. It is my favorite casual lunch spot. It gets busy so there can be a wait, but they get everyone taken care of quickly. They also do great specials.

• Visited April 2013
Nowhere, NJ
“HAS EVERYTHING!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've been driving past this place for the last 7 yrs. WHAT A MISTAKE! My son happened upon it and it's now our new favorite sandwich and salad place. I thought it was just a small storefront that sold bagels. Boy was I wrong! It's a HUGE restaurant that has every possible type of sandwich, wrap or salad you could imagine. It's always packed and for good reason. Fresh NY style bagels is only half the story. What I love about this place is not only the huge selection of things but you can make whatever you want, however you want it. And they get it to you FAST. There may be a line but it moves very quickly so if you're strapped for time during your lunch break - no problem. I LOVE the chopped salad bar where you can choose whatever you want from a ridiculous number of items and then BLAM - your own personal salad. They are a bit on the pricier side for a deli/sandwich shop but it's truly worth it. Your order is fresh and made to your exact specifications. Everything is delicious!

• Visited August 2012
Merrick, New York, United States
“Excellent selections, great value”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great place for breakfast and lunch. Good specials, and the lunch platters are a great value

Visited June 2012