“Lunch and dessert”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Taso's has a nice lunch menu and we had a big group for lunch. We tried a lot of the specials including a gyro, spanakopita which is a spinach and feta filo pie, moussaka, greek salad with salmon, satsiki and pita, and baklava for pastries. We mostly liked the lunch, had good service, and enjoyed this simple store front restaurant. One of us sent the vegetarian gyro back because they wanted more eggplant which they did. The price is reasonable. We will go again. Just the atmosphere needs some updating, but it tasted like home cooking and we bought extra pastries to go because they were really good.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went for a quick lunch, and had a very reasonable lunch special, and good food. Very small place, but friendly staff.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is tasty and reasonable. I liked the the Greek salad and the moussaka which had an herb seasoning I couldn't identify. Good but not what I am used to. My husband enjoyed his pasticcio and the lemon soup which he doctored with additional lemons to make it extra puckery. We will go back for more.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Perfect for lunch or dinner if you dont want cook at home.Large portions. We had a free bottle of wine coupon with 4 entrees ( 2 couples) Located in the Home Depot shopping center near 441.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Tonight we decided to try out Taso's Greek Taverna of Boca Raton on Glades Road and 441(State Road 7) on the south east side of the street, next to Home Depot. This restaurant is affiliated to Taso's of Delray Beach and has the same owner.

Upon entering this small restaurant you can immediately see that the place is new, clean and modern with minimal decorations, just enough to create a bit of a cozy ambiance. No music. About 14 tables nicely done with a lacquer finish and black chairs with a comfortable seat. The tiled floors were clean and there was sufficient air conditioning in the dining room.

Ok, this is where things started to take a down turn...the waitresses were very eager to take our order, too eager, if you know what I mean. They were pressuring us to hurry up and order our food. We even told them to give us a few minutes longer several times.

As for the food...we were served a small basket of pita triangles regular and whole wheat that were rather dried out with a minuscule metal cup of the tsaziki sauce, which was ok for starters. The salads were served in cheap opaque white plastic bowls, a real turn off. The Greek salad dressing was on the table in a bottle (their own version that they bottle and sell locally). The salad was cut unto such small pieces that it was hard to pick up the components with a fork, as for the salad dressing, bad!

The gyro platter was the saddest imitation of a gyro platter that I have ever seen. The meat was indescribably greasy and weird. Four slices of miserable meat-like substance on my plate. This came with their version of Greek lemon potatoes.These were red potatos with skin left on and not cooked enough yet greasy and awful. The side dish was an assortment of vegetables that must have contained every left over scrap of vegetables from their kitchen which they slopped together with some red sauce and ladled on the diners plates. This was not fit for human consumption. It is seldom that I categorically refuse to eat something, but I knew that I would get ill if I ate the slop placed in front of me, so I sent it back.

The waitress looked as if she did not care and made me feel as though I was the problem and dealt with me like a child who was difficult to please. It took forever for her to get back from the kitchen before she agreed to give me something else. By this time my partner was consuming the Pasticcio, a noodle and meat casserole which was ok tasting, but had a strange color and aftertaste. Unfortunately it was served with the same assorted horrid vegetables, which remained in the plate.

I finally got the waitress to come over and was totally disgusted by this restaurant, thus decided to order a fried calamari appetizer and an order of French fries as my meal. That should be simple, right? Not really, for it took ages for me to get my food. When I received my humble order, what I got was an order of fries that was a soggy, greasy, cold mess of potatoes with the skin still left on. They were dark and looked dirty. I asked for Ketchup twice and never got it. Finally I resorted to walking over to another table and asking them if I could borrow theirs. Unfortunatelly, this family was experiencing their own horror story with hair in their food, to which the waitresses made light of it. As for the calamari, it was tasteless.

Awful meal and rude and nonchalant waitresses made this a place that one would like to forget, but what made this even worse is that my partner became ill within two hours with severe gas, followed by diarrhea. I am also nauseous and feel like vomiting as I write this.

In closing, this place may be dangerous to your health...so stay away!

5  Thank Phoenix33