“Best Eggplant Stack”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Description: SoLita - " South of Little Italy brings you back home to family traditions with a fusion of Modern ambiance. A perfect place to socialize or be romantic in an ambiance reminiscent of more glamorous times.
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Best Eggplant Stack”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We enjoy dining outside as often possible. Both the Las Olas location and Delray location afford us that luxury. It is quieter and great for people watching. The eggplant stack is our favorite because it is crispy, light, and the topping of arugula and balsamic dressing is delicious. They always serve a basket of crispy bread with olive oil and balsamic for dipping and it is very good. The Caesar salad is quite good and so are the roasted Brussel Sprouts. Their wine list is extensive and we just found out they do a Wednesday night special. All the wines up to $100 are half off. You can't beat that!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jane U

Delray Beach, Florida
“Dinner Review”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Dined there recently, I had the fish and my companion had a steak, dish-we both loved our entree!!. This place is really cool and off the main street of Atlantic, a hidde treasure. The service was very good , and staff friendly. The desserts looked amazng.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank wendy K
South Florida, Florida
“Nightmare decor-Creepy waiter”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

In reading other reviews, this place must look a lot better after dark. It looks like a dungeon, with cheap decor, and really bad taste...taken there by friends, we were turned off from the beginning,
but the waiter who came to seat us did us a favor by being arrogant and condescending to our friends when they asked a question about parking. He proceeded to make really weird remarks, and insisted on trying to select our wine, after we told him we would decide. He brought us a taste of a bad wine, and we told him again WE would decide. He continued to act arrogantly (possibly something was really off with him) and we decided to leave. The man at the desk looked sincere as he apologized. We told him the waiter (heaven help the help if the weird one was an owner) was damaging their business...I told my husband and friends that I had a strong feeling this guy wasn't someone I would trust my food to, and they had the same opinion. I would never return to this place (they didn't have many customers compared to other restaurants in Delray that day). If this place wants to make it, they need to shell out a few bucks for decorating and get someone to chill out their waiter. I can't rate the food because I wouldn't eat there.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Carole P
Miami, Florida
“Dining in the Dark not even worth the groupon price”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This restaurant is beautiful and I've had lots.of dishes from then on the past and they have been delicious. The staff is always wonderful as well.

Dining in the dark experience was disappointing. You're served 3 courses. Ours was a salad, ravioli, and grouper with rosemary potatoes. All three dishes were ice cold, but I suspect they don't want any burn injuries. The fish had bones and all courses were extremely small portions. The salad was delicious, everything else - not so much.

We waited about 20 min for each course to be served. Not sure why, since everything was cold. But after each course, we were asked to guess what we ate. That was fun.

Each time the waiters entered the room was a bit annoying, because light from the main room kept coming in. This disrupted the dark experience. There was also light coming in from under an outside door, so take blindfold if you want complete darkness.

They offer wine with each course for an additional $15 and desserts can run you another $12. Very tiny portions as well. Go across the street to Vic & Angelos and pay $18 for half a cake, if you want dessert.

Overall, it was fun, but not worth the price of $27.50/pp.
Definitely need to go with a group to make it fun.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank detrini868
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Used to Love This Place”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I ate here a few times when it first opened and then it seemed to go downhill. Perhaps it was the time of evening. The first two times I went it was great, however when dining here later (i.e., around 9pm) it turns into a nightclub and the place gets trashed (and rather trashy) quite quickly. Almost reminds me of the old Club Boca.

Visited May 2013