“Caesar salad reigns!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Description: SoLita - " South of Little Italy brings you back home to family traditions with a fusion of Modern ambiance. A perfect place to socialize or be romantic in an ambiance reminiscent of more glamorous times.
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is one of only 2 places in Delray Beach that you can get a grilled Caesar salad. It's great, and worth going for just for that.

2  Thank Patbro

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I had heard about Solita from several friends and business associates. The word was spreading and I was unsure what to expect when I heard "Trendy" mixed with "Old School Italian". Well it lives up to the talk. The food was the best I have ever had outside of NY. My waiter let me in on why it was so good, every dish is made to order ! I have been back several times and enjoyed numerous items on the menu. Try the meatballs, they are really like the ones my grandmother made on Sunday. I grew up in a very Italian household and the food at Solita brings me right back to my childhood. Service was always good and the staff friendly.

The atmosphere was comforting and yet a bit trendy. I found you can have a quiet meal if you dine earlier in the evening 5pm - 7pm, but on the weekends the place really comes alive after 8pm.

I cant tell you enough how much I enjoy this place and the experience I had.

6  Thank Johnny954
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good food and service. I recently visited - again - with two friends on a week-day,and since none of us were very hungry we decided to share one hot and one cold appetizer-combo plate.
It was plenty of food,enough so that one had enough to fed her husband a nice supper.
We got two big plates with about four or five appetizers on each,and enough for all to have more than just a taste of each appetizer. I'm usually not a big fan of squash,but I did enjoy the fried squash with tzatziki sauce/dip.The hummus in particular was very good and served with plenty of warm pita-bread.
Our server was attentive without the annoying "Hi my name is ... and I'll be your server today" approach, which we all appreciated. He knew the food very well and made certain our glasses were filled and wrapped up the remaining food nicely. We enjoyed our lunch,and will definitely go back again.
It is nice to have nice options off The Avenue which is often to busy for just a quick lunch,but this place is often busy at night - every good-food place in downtown Delray Beach is - and I would probably call ahead for a special event or larger party that mind waiting a few minutes.
Walking past the restaurant one night I noticed they had a belly dancer (the "tasteful" type...),so there's an opportunity for both food AND entertainment here... And the seating outside SoLita is very comfortable,limited to maybe 5-6 round tables.
All-in-all a good choice for both lunch and dinner.

3  Thank Bo M
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We went to SoLita because we had bought a "deal". Thought it would be a good opportunity to try it., The food was wonderful -- we had the rice balls, veal parm (done on the bone) and snapper with mussels and clams, finished with ugly chocolate cake. All were wonderful. I've never had such tender veal. Our waiter could not have been better. He provided us with suggestions -- all good and was delightful.
We will certainly return. One point, though, we are told it is very noisy and busy on the weekend. We were there on a Tuesday night.

2  Thank balloongirl
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I'm not sure where to even start which gives you an idea of how bad it was. The waiter was totally inflexible with ingredient changes. There were no substitutions for butter or garlic. Really? Why? Because the chef made changes for a diner and then he wrote a bad review. Well, bad news...I review too and making accommodations for people's diets would have endeared me a little more...however....the food is mediocre to bad (red snapper - too salty/pork chops - overly spiced/lemon chicken - bland) and the noise level was overbearing. Other than that...the cocktails are small, the wine list is average and the crowd is...nevermind. A visit to the ladies room included an attendant who kept the door wide open so she could talk to the kitchen help. Ahhh...with all the other choices in the Atlantic Ave. area, feel free to select another option.