“expensive and noisy”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Railroad Avenue
Description: Buddha Sky Bar and Buddha Garden; an Asian concept with design and cuisine influences rooted in Chinese and Japanese interpretations. Buddha Sky Bar - A discrete third floor location with off the Avenue access creates an exclusive feel for guests upon arrival. A glass encased rooftop arboretum overlooks downtown Delray Beach. A walk through the kitchen leads to the outdoor "Chef's Table", perfect for private events. Asian accents complement the authenticity of the cuisine featuring Dim Sum, Sushi, & Wok selections from our 'from-scratch' kitchen. Buddha Garden - Recently opened in mid December, is an expansion of Buddha Sky Bar with the same menu and is now offering guests a brand new view: from the first floor. The long awaited debut of Buddha Sky Bar’s ambitious expansion is here and South Florida locals and visitors are flocking to the now three-story, 10,000 square foot Asian Fusion eatery set to a backdrop of breathtaking architectural design and exquisite décor. The three-part menu nods to different food preparations including an open sushi bar, a full kitchen as well as Delray Beach's first Binchotan charcoal grill. In addition to traditional menu items like Peking Style Duck it also features a great vegetarian selection. Buddha Sky and Buddha Garden features full dinner service at all seats. Happy Hours are available 7 days a week from 4pm - 6pm with 1/2 price selected dinner and drink menus. Join us on Sundays for 1/2 price Dim Sum. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good service, but very noisy and portions were very small and expensive.At Lemongrass across the street is half the price, sea bass is twice the size and very delicious. Enjoyed our friends company but would never go back to the Buddha Sky Bar.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Here are the pros - really tasty food. Nice combination of multiple Asian influences and cuisines. Service is excellent and knowledgeable. Atmosphere is pretty good but can be loud (the lower level restaurant called the Buddha Garden I think it better). The views for those who get the seats facing the windows are great as this restaurant is the 3 stories above ground level.
The cons - the price for the drinks borders on ridiculous. $14 for a Chopin ON THE ROCKS. $13 for a JIM BEAM perfect Manhattan. Are you kidding me? I questioned these prices to our server Lily who was just great but she really could not justify and sensed that and offered to get the manager. The manager did come by and tried to explain/defend why the cost was justified. He did offer to make an adjustment which I was certainly appreciative of but when I got the final bill he took off $2 for each Chopin drink. What a joke. So instead of me writing how they took care of us and made things right instead I am writing this review saying go there and enjoy the food but be aware that you are going to pay the highest prices for booze on the avenue hence 3 stars and not 4. And instead of me recommending people to go there I will direct them elsewhere as the overall cost is out of line and while a really enjoyable place it is not worth the money. Portions are small and expensive so you really need to rip me off for drinks? Better places for less right on the same avenue. The manager who I will leave nameless clearly does not understand the customer comes 1st not their bottom line. Shame they were so close to nailing it and it was of all people the manager who blew it.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My friend and I had a taste for some Asian cuisine after a few martini's at PRIME just up the street. We went to the Buddha wanting to experience the new experience....and then we met our server Jessica. We allowed her to take us through the menu and just to keep bringing it on. She did and here is what we enjoyed: Edemame and Lamb Loin Appetizers, on to the Crab rangoon and Handsome Rob (Soft Shell Crab Rolls...YUM) and sea scallops with Edamame Risotto and a finish of the Truffled Wasabli Filet Mignon. WOW. Every dish was a hit and to top it off we drank a bottle of Kasumi Sake.......when you go in please ask for Jessica. Small frame, caucasion, attractive but she knows her food and how to serve it. While the food was just fabulous...she made the night.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

came here on a friday night and was seated immediately, great decor and ambiance , great service a little pricey but worth it. sushi was very good and the chili shrimp was awesome

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Such a pretentious place. I've been here before on weeknights and it's always been fine. This time myself and 3 girlfriends went on a Saturday at 10. Our waitress barely spoke English and disappeared for large amounts of time. 3 of us got our food, then 15 minutes later the waitress tells the 4th member of our party that they don't have what they need to mAke her food. So she orders something else. I asked for the manager to come over, as 3 of us had almost finished and 1friend didn't have food. He took a long time to get to us, and when he did he was very dismissive and rude. No apology, nothing. Skip the pretentious crap and go to ziree thai and sushi just a couple of blocks of away. Food is fantastic and service is amazing. Why would I give money to people who don't care? I won't go back to Buddha. The food is not good enough to Justify being treated so poorly.

1  Thank Rakdoo