“Solid”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As someone who originates from one of the “pizza states” I can attest that their pizza is very good. Not pizza parlor pizza mind you but gourmet wood burning oven type. Pizza was tasty but I can’t categorize as “great”. Service though was spectacular.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We ate here for the first time on 3/14/13 at the recommendation of reviewers on Trip Advisor. We have been coming to Delray Beach for many years and have eaten at various pizza places. This one is the best. Ingredients are fresh and the crust is thin and delicious. All pizzas are personal pizzas but they are a good size and larger than the normal personal pizza. The restaurant is very nice but small. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back. Hifghly recommended.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great authentic gourmet pizza's that will give you the sense that you're being served in a local Florence trattoria. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. A must try on East Atlantic Ave.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am not sure what restaurant some of these reviewers are talking about, but they didn't eat here!! The service was top notch and the wait staff spent extra time going over the menu with me and my family. The pizza selection is tremendous and everything is freshly made. I ordered a "Padrino" pizza which was amazing. I can't begin to describe this pizza, but I am from the New Haven, CT / NY area and have eaten at some of the most amazing pizzerias-- they don't even come close to Scuola Vecchia. This is seriously the best pizza out there. The crust is cooked perfectly with just the right amount of char and the tomato sauce was unbelievably tasty. Everything we ordered was cooked perfectly and I didn't have a single complaint. We ended the night by ordering Tiramisu and I was not expecting to be impressed. I was beyond surprised, it was literally the best that I have tasted. The consistency was firm and the taste was out of this world. The owner spent time at our table and made us feel at home. What a treat. I ended up eating here the very next night when my daughter said she wanted to go again. She ordered a calzone that was out of this world. Our experience was perfect again. I don't normally take the time to write a review but felt compelled to in this case. Eat here and you will be hooked.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My daughter and I spent a week in Delray beach and went here based on the reviews. For a first course we ordered the arugula salad with shrimp. The shrimp were still frozen! Then we ordered the pizza with arugula and mozarella and proscuitto, again disappointed. Basically arugula on flatbread. The buffallo mozarella was scarce, and the arugula overwhelmed the pizza. I would be willing to try it again, but would stick to their staples,margarita pizza and bruschetta.

2  Thank PTP86