“Fantastic food with great service at reasonable prices!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Scuola Vecchia Pizza E Vino
Ranked #6 of 405 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Fantastic food with great service at reasonable prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My friend had tried Scuola Vecchia in November after reading about it in some local magazine and loved it so much, my husband and I along with our two friends decided to try it out during our Delray stay the week of new years.

The Food: The food was so fantastic we went back a second time that same week! Having been to Naples eight months ago, my husband and I just had to try the Pizza Margherita (Regina which was $13). OMG! It was absolutely to die for. 90 seconds in the pizza oven that the owner had actually brought in from Naples and it was on our table, hot and fresh and oh so incredibly delicious with it's extra thin crust and true-to-Naples flavour. We started our meal with an amazing antipasto platter shared by the 4 of us that featured a delicious home made cheese. We shared the Margherita and also a white pizza. Both were delicious ... but that Margherita ... I can't stop thinking about it! Two pizzas split between the two of us were perfect and just over $20 combined. We shared a home made tirimisu and although I nor my husband are real fans of tirimisu, this one was so creamy and delicious, not sickeningly sweet, just fresh and light tasting.

I'd recommended the restaurant to my brother after our visit so he went with two others and they came back raving about it. He loved the meatball appetizer, noting although it says "meatball" on the menu, the serving size includes three of them! So, second time back with our friends, we shared that meatball appetizer with two more pizzas, the Margherita (because it was soooo good the first time, we just couldn't resist - did I tell you how much we loved it?!), along with a fantastic pizza (one of their most popular - Feste or something like that?) that included some meat and arugula (and that nice thin crust again). My friend also ordered a calzone this time which was filled with creamy ricotta and was so huge, he had to bring half of it home.

The Restaurant: Scuola Vecchia is so pretty inside with it's fresh blue and white tiles reminiscent of our stay in the Amalfi coast last year. It's small and fills up fast so a reservation is recommended. There are also a few tables outdoors where we sat the second night we visited. There is a good selection of wines at decent prices and the owner Sharon does everything she can to ensure your visit is rewarding. The attentive staff provided us with great service and didn't make us feel rushed.

My husband and I travel to Delray about six times a year and this will definitely be one place that will be on our list of favourites and a "must do" recommendation to our friends.

Delray Beach, Florida
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The pizza with truffle oil is THE best. Cute restaurant with a very friendly staff. A new favorite in delray

Delray Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian food on Atlantic Ave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am Italian and from NYC, so I know good Italian food. I ordered the Arugala salad and the Lasagna di Carne. OMG!!! Best Arugala salad And Best Lasagna I ever had, especially in a restaurant. The waitress said they prepare it homemade. Was so delicious. Even the ice tea, which came in a carafe was delicious and refreshing. The waitress was very friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant if your on Atantic Ave. And the prices are very reasonable for Atlantic ave. The bill for what I ate above came to $23.00.

1 Thank Anthony M
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great pizza in DelRay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were out for an early dinner and stumbled upon Scoula Vecchia. The menu looked good, so we gave it a try. It was a slow crowd, so we weren't sure, but it ended up being great! The appetizers and salads were great and the pizza was excellent. Great place to eat if you are in Delray Beach.

Visited January 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“How bout a 90 second pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Yup its true. Nitrogen heated and its quick and goooooood. Small and intimate with beer and wine and sidewalk seating

Visited January 2013