“Best Italian food on Atlantic Ave”

Scuola Vecchia Pizza E Vino
Ranked #6 of 412 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Delray Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian food on Atlantic Ave”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am Italian and from NYC, so I know good Italian food. I ordered the Arugala salad and the Lasagna di Carne. OMG!!! Best Arugala salad And Best Lasagna I ever had, especially in a restaurant. The waitress said they prepare it homemade. Was so delicious. Even the ice tea, which came in a carafe was delicious and refreshing. The waitress was very friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant if your on Atantic Ave. And the prices are very reasonable for Atlantic ave. The bill for what I ate above came to $23.00.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Anthony M

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great pizza in DelRay”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were out for an early dinner and stumbled upon Scoula Vecchia. The menu looked good, so we gave it a try. It was a slow crowd, so we weren't sure, but it ended up being great! The appetizers and salads were great and the pizza was excellent. Great place to eat if you are in Delray Beach.

Visited January 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“How bout a 90 second pizza”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Yup its true. Nitrogen heated and its quick and goooooood. Small and intimate with beer and wine and sidewalk seating

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Robert W
USA
“Great pizza and nice service”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Pizza was terrific. Blows away any other place in town. Other food was good too. And service was prompt and friendly. Prices reasonable. You should eat here.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank onekbear
Irving, Texas
“Best Restaurant on Atlantic Ave in my opinion”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Wow

Where to start! I read reviews on Yelp and decided this was a must while I was in town visiting my Mom for Christmas.

We came for an early dinner on Friday at arounf 6:30. The place is tiny, but we were seated near the kitchen in a booth. The servers was SO NICE. By far the best service I had in this whole town. What I liked most was that EVERYONE helped us. Not just one person assigned to our table.

We ordered the fried eggplant to start. OMG. Delicious. The sauce was perfectly seasoned and salted. You could taste the brightness of the tomoatoes. The eggplant was divine. I could have come here and JUST ordered that.

We got 2 pizzas (although we could have had just one). We got the special white one with the Girella(sp?) on it with fresh ricotta. The ricotta melted in your mouth. So so good. The red one we ordered had crumbled sausage on it with fresh basil.

All in all, I would recommend this place over anywhere else on Atlantic. Best meal, best service.

I look forward to going back soon!

• Visited December 2012