“What was that reviewer thinking”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Zucra Cuban Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zucra Cuban Cafe
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Dear Customers:Due to trademark issues, we were forced to change our restaurant name, previously named Azúcar Cuban Cafe, and from now on, Zúcra Cuban Cafe. Zúcra/Azúcar is still under the same management and of course will keep our recognized Cuban flavor.
new york
“What was that reviewer thinking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

Went to this place w/3 other couples based on a favorable recent review in the local newspaper. The Paella was to be their specialty and only made on w/ends. It was the worst that I have ever had in my life- and my brother in law used the same words the next day in an unprompted review of the place. The consistency- the mixture of rice and a tomato sauce- was like mud, not the free flowing rice that one usually expects. I have had paellla in different countries and this wasunlike anything I had ever experienced- a bitter disappointment.
The steaks were good but not great and the deserts lacked their proper consistency. Rice pudding was wattery while the flam had a hard body to it. All and all a totally unremarkable meal.

• Visited January 2011