“Great time and great food..”
Review of Zucra Cuban Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zucra Cuban Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dear Customers:Due to trademark issues, we were forced to change our restaurant name, previously named Azúcar Cuban Cafe, and from now on, Zúcra Cuban Cafe. Zúcra/Azúcar is still under the same management and of course will keep our recognized Cuban flavor.
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Best hangout along with the best Cuban food in town! We tried Oxtail in red wine sauce, it was awesome!! They had Karaoke that night and we also danced :) , good food and ambiance! We will be back!!

There are newer reviews for Zucra Cuban Cafe

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Authentic Cuban Food at its best. The service was excellent and the live entertaiment added a special touch. I plan to visit the restaurant again in the near future...

Reviewed July 8, 2011

My wife and I recently accompanied our daughter and her family to Azucar. Having read some less than favorable reviews, I was reluctant but went along with the family choice. What a great surprise was in store for us. The restaurant was simply decorated but very comfortable. The server was knowledgeable and attentive. The Friday night we went, the restaurant was not busy, so I cannot comment on how they would handle a crowded room.
Our party sampled the Pollo Baracoa (chicken, cheese, peppers and onions),Tres Amigos (skirt steak, ribs and chicken), Camarones al ajo (shrimp in garlic sauce) and Paella. All the meals were wonderful, but the Paella was the best of all. I don't understand a previous poster who said it was the worst he ever tasted. I have eaten many versions of Paella and have learned that each stands on it's own. The Paella at Azucar was one of the best. True, the rice was different from standard Spanish Paella, but it was still delicious. The 'small' portion is supposed to serve two people but could easily have served three or four.
I am anxious to return to Azucar and sample more of their great Cuban choices.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

A great new place for Cuban food. Loved it. It's always packed on the weekends , I gave a party at Azucar and everyone loved the food and the decor!! Recommended.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stopped here last month while in Boca Raton and thought we would give this semi-new Cuban restaurant a try. One unfortunate thing to keep in mind on Saturday nights is music. They had a performer there who started playing at 7:30 in the main room right next to all the tables. If you were sitting right next to him, you could barely hear your dinner companion speak.

The service at the restaurant left a lot to be desired. On several occasions, I had trouble getting a waitress' attention, and the busboys didn't speak English (I believe) so they could not understand what I was asking for. There are not that many tables in the restaurant and I feel they could have paid closer attention to the customers.

As for the food - my dish was not good at all. I had the Bistek Milanesa - which was breaded steak with cheese, ham, tomato sauce. There was barely any tomato sauce on the dish and it lacked any flavor. I tried to get a manager or waitress attention to get some sort of hot sauce/flavoring, but by the time they brought me anything, it was pointless. I ended up leaving 75% of my meal.

My in-laws got one of the seafood specials and they thought the dish was good. I don't remember what my husband got, but he thought it was okay. I was so annoyed by my dish and trying to get a steak knife and sauce that I wasn't focusing on the other dishes at my table!

I would definitely not recommend this restaurant - especially with all the other options in Boca.

1  Thank JenniferLynn