“Quiet Place With Great Food Away From Hectic Atlantic Ave”
Review of Patio Delray

Patio Delray
Reserve with OpenTable
Patio Delray is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 421 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: George Bush Blvd
Description: Tucked away off hectic Atlantic Ave. on George Bush Blvd. at the inter-coastal is a secluded romantic gem of a restaurant where all the food is carefully selected and prepared by hand with loving care. Dine on our award winning patio while listening to the harmonious sound of the koi fountain or in our elegant yet relaxed dining room while our chefs take delight in creating flavorful and fanciful dishes from around the world just for you. Dining at Patio Delray is like dining at home...just better. Home is not just where you live, it's where you are understood. Here at Patio Delray we understand what you like to eat and drink. Imbibe in our signature martinis, craft beers, and carefully chosen wines. Delight in our carefully selected menu items from around the world. Our elegant private dining room is perfect for private events, weddings or corporate functions.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were there for the first time because we had heard alot of good things from our friends and we were very pleased we tried this lovely restaurant. The atmosphere was elegant yet understated. The service was attentive without being overbearing. And the food!! What a pleasant and refreshing change from what you get on Atlantic Avenue, First came the complimentary grilled pita and sundried tomato pesto which was delicious, that was a sign of better things to follow. I had the Scottish salmon carpaccio which was delicate with orange segments and a citrus soy, delicious. Then I tried the Indoneasian colossal shrimps, wow the shrimps were huge with asian spices and coconut rice, perfect. My friend had the pork chop, it was served with smoked peach preserve, although it took 25 minutes to arrive to the table as our server said it takes time because it's 2 inches thick, soooo worth the wait. We were interested in dessert because it sounded so tempting but will have to wait till we return another time which will be very soon

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and i had the best evening here from start to finish! great wine list, stuffed goat cheese figs, meatiest crab cake ever, fresh caught cobia and braised short ribs over mushroom risotto finished with a homemade bread pudding Service was the best and the food even better! All served in the prettiest tropical fla setting outside or in! This is a hidden gem off the beaten path in Delray! Cant wait to go back!

5  Thank Lohoch
Reviewed June 6, 2012

On a late Sunday evening, my friend took me to a restaurant he had recently "found". At that hour, we were the only patrons at the bar, which meant that Miss Lily, the owner, was there to guide us through an extraordinary dining adventure.

Everything on the menu in this charming restaurant was mouth wateringly inventive. My friend has a house special Bloody Mary, which featured three plump smoked oysters on a large toothpick. They infused the cocktail with a divine smoky oyster flavor.

We shared a pate appetizer, which was presented beautifully in an oblong plate. Lily often buys such individual items if they enhance a particular dish. The list of ingredients was long, and the taste was rich and complex. The mound of shaved candied carrots provided great contrasting color and flavor.

The entrees were equally unique. My friend enjoyed a shrimp dish (4 huge ones; he could only eat 3), and I had dumplings (chicken with vegetables) over rice noodles with bitter greens. It was a taste and texture adventure.

I wasn't planning on drinking that night, but the food was so enticing that I set aside my seltzer and asked Lily to recommend a wine. The glass of white she poured for me was a perfect match to the food.

The desserts were wonderful. We shared a creme burlee. Lily suggested we try the home made rosepetal ice cream, which we did. I had never had that before, but I'll make sure to order it again (and again). Both came playfully with fresh whipped cream and a cherry.

After we finished, Lily invited us to feed the fish in the pond in the cozy outdoor patio area. It was the perfect way to share the end of a memorable dining experience with her. I look forward to my return visit.

3  Thank Arnie S
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Ever since the Chef Scott Thomas left this place it has gone down hill. Don't believe me, try for yourself, you will regret it first hand. Rude, crap food; even took SOUP off menu. Who can't make soup? Obviously this place. Very sad.

9  Thank Karen C
Reviewed May 17, 2012

After being a loyal client and eating at this restaurant at least 4 or 5 times a week I was told that I had no "Decorem" by the owner! Reason was ....Lack of service.....

10  Thank Daniel D