“wonderful B-day celebration!”
Review of Old Calypso - CLOSED

Old Calypso
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Florida, USA
“wonderful B-day celebration!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I read with trepidation the negative reviews but wanted to try this restaurant on the scenic Intracoastal Waterway so took a chance. I made advance reservations for dinner for 10 and requested a table inside by a window. Was told they don't reserve window tables, but I could speak with the manager, Nick, and if he approves they will accommodate me. He said no problem for this B-day occasion. We had a great corner table by a window, the waiter was terrific, service was excellent and the food was absolutely delicious. Everyone ordered something different-- sole, duck, shrimp & scallops creole, etc. -- and thoroughly enjoyed their meals. The waiter brought out a big piece of cheesecake with candle on the house, perfect ending since we were stuffed. High praise from me, it was a lovely evening all around!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank reviewkl

Highland Beach
“A great place without the manager”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food but the manager is rude and the owner should not tolerate this at a decent restaurant. Surely will lose customers.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank foodfan4
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Nice view, good food,good value.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great food for a very reasonable price. A great seafood restaurant on the Intracoastal. I had the pecan encrusted sole and it was great. Good service too.

Visited March 2013
Hudson, New York
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I had concerns when a friend suggested we meet at the Old Calypso for a late lunch. Should not have worried....Complementary valet parking. Pleasant greeting. Classy island decor. Waterfront dining. Excellent server (Kalli). Oh yeh! And great food! They even pleasantly accomodated us when we had an unexpected, but welcomed, additional couple join our party increasing us from six to eight. We'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“The manager needs to be fired.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

After waiting an hour for a table, are you supposed to leave a restaurant crying and hungry? If so this is your place!! My family has been going to Old Calypso for 9 years, despite the inconsistent service because we love the food. The last time we were there, we were told there would be a 20 minute wait for a table. After waiting about an hour, a party came in with no reservation and the manager Nick took them right away. When the hostess tried to tell him we were next he yelled at her. When we questioned him, he waved his hand at us and told us, "I don't have time for you. Have a nice day. Good Bye." We contacted the corporate office but got not response. Not that I want anything from them. Nothing would get me to walk through their doors as long as that man is still working there.

• Visited February 2013