“Inventive and delicious”
Review of Max's Harvest

Max's Harvest
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 415 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The menu is inventive and full of interesting and fresh selections. The food is great. I especially like the brunch menu and it's a lovely spot to sit outside and enjoy some people watching.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Chilly night in Delray Beach. January can be like that. Chilly enough that many diners opted for indoor seating rather than under the heat lamps in the front or back patios. We waited a few minutes beyond our 8 PM reservation at the small, friendly bar in the back corner of the front room but scored a nice table in the back dining room. The servers alway ask if you have dined at Max's before since the menu is constantly changing based on the availability and quality of the products at their various purveyors. There are some staple menu items and always some specials. We were three this evening--my wife and I and our friend who had first brought us here last year. The ladies shared a fresh and beautifully plated salad and "The Hamburger". Yes, it does deserve the title. It's a very good sized burger in a fresh baked brioche bun with aged cheddar and the classic trimmings...and about a half a platter of spectacular fries. My dinner was the special Diver scallops, seared to perfection, served over grits with peppers. They were delicious and I could have stopped there...but I didn't. My main course was braised and grilled short ribs over polenta with a julienne of fresh veggies. Both courses were perfectly prepared and presented. Don't miss one of their special creme brûlées for dessert. This evening they featured s'mores, served in a delicious ramekin of homemade shortbread. This is a top notch restaurant and will always be on our short list when visiting Delray. Pricey....but well worth it.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Great taste with nice service from Yvonne. The diver scallop special was seared to perfection. Fresh chicken veggie soup hit the spot ... The meatball small plate was a nice appetizer with the ricotta croquets. Did not have room for dessert although they all sounded great. The seating is a bit odd.... We liked the back patio, the front patio always seems congested and the back inside dining room is a traffic jam. If you can sit outside in the back it is the best , hope you enjoy.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our party of 10 was seated quickly in the garden The restaurant had two persons assigned to us, the service was excellent. We had a show to see at 7;30 which our server Megan was advised of, and at 7:10 brought the check thanking us and telling us we should be fine for our short walk. The food was very good, not a bad meal in the 10 served.. Although several members complained about the creativity. Others rejoiced in the goat cheese croquetts, and kale Caesar. I had the tangine chicken with couscus. A dish that I enjoy, and is usually overcooked. This time it was not, with total flavor from the moment it entered my mouth. As I questioned the others in our party, only the diver scallops were listed as O.K. from one of our party. My wife also had them and loved them. A very good sign, she is very fussy if they are not done perfectly. Farm to table is a little overplayed now, but this one was very solid. Not perfect, but solid.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The food may be delicious at Max's Harvest, but my group of five will never know. When arriving for our 7:45 reservation, the hostess told us that because of having to move outdoor diners inside( it had rained), we wouldn't be seated for quite a while. When we asked to speak to a manager in the hopes that he'd find us a nearby reservation elsewhere,Peter, told us he had better things to do. Max's may be the best restaurant in a Delay, but I'll never go back...at least until they find a manager who knows how to deal with customers.

2  Thank Betz28