“Good All Aound”
Review of Max's Harvest

Max's Harvest
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 415 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Good All Aound”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our party of 10 was seated quickly in the garden The restaurant had two persons assigned to us, the service was excellent. We had a show to see at 7;30 which our server Megan was advised of, and at 7:10 brought the check thanking us and telling us we should be fine for our short walk. The food was very good, not a bad meal in the 10 served.. Although several members complained about the creativity. Others rejoiced in the goat cheese croquetts, and kale Caesar. I had the tangine chicken with couscus. A dish that I enjoy, and is usually overcooked. This time it was not, with total flavor from the moment it entered my mouth. As I questioned the others in our party, only the diver scallops were listed as O.K. from one of our party. My wife also had them and loved them. A very good sign, she is very fussy if they are not done perfectly. Farm to table is a little overplayed now, but this one was very solid. Not perfect, but solid.

• Visited January 2014

Massachusetts
“Poor management”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The food may be delicious at Max's Harvest, but my group of five will never know. When arriving for our 7:45 reservation, the hostess told us that because of having to move outdoor diners inside( it had rained), we wouldn't be seated for quite a while. When we asked to speak to a manager in the hopes that he'd find us a nearby reservation elsewhere,Peter, told us he had better things to do. Max's may be the best restaurant in a Delay, but I'll never go back...at least until they find a manager who knows how to deal with customers.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Betz28
Scarsdale, New York
“Delray Rip-Off”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This place has no claim to its pretensions. Prices are for a top tier dining experience and this it is not. Stage- struck waiter introduces himself by name (who needs to know?) and asks if we'd like the "bread service." This consists of two tiny muffins and two minuscule cheese puffs, scorched on the bottom, raw on top. Pork belly appetizer was almost all fat, $23 Risotto cake is a leaden puck of leftover rice with a few veggies strewn around it. The chicken was well cooked, but was almost impossible to cut as it was served in a deep bowl atop a slippery mess of couscous and kale. Skipped dessert and pronounced this the worst $100 food ever. P.S.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank JoanieBBeth
Delray Beach, Florida
“Great place! Farm fresh concept”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went in with a group for a friend's birthday a few weeks ago. Max's Harvest is one of my favorite restaurants, so I was so happy my friend had the party here! This trip wasn't the best we ever had, the menu is seasonal which comes along with a few disappointments. When a seasonal menu is offered, they're likely to run out of things due to availability, which is understandable, but disappointing nonetheless. The couple of things I really had my heart set on were no longer available, so we decided to order a bunch of things for the table to share. Other problem: one of our friends has a severe tree nut allergy and was only able to eat 2 things out of everything we ordered. Everything we tried had a similar fall comfort food feel to it, and was overall just very heavy. This is quite the opposite of every other meal I've had at Max's. I've always loved how flavorful and light the food is, and also how diverse each dish is from the next. The food was still delicious, just a little redundant. Will be back, of course, but hope the menu selections have a little more variety! Also, of all the times we've been there we have only sat out front or inside up front, definitely check out the back area!! There is plenty more seating outside, and a space inside for private parties like ours.

• Visited December 2013
Fair Haven, New Jersey
“Consistently excellent food & service”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has grown in popularity over the years while maintaining its quality. Super friendly wait staff and wonderful food keep us coming back. The kitchen and all the staff work very hard to keep things flowing during peak times. Dining here is always a very fun and satisfying experience.

Visited January 2014