“Really liked it”
Review of Max's Harvest

Max's Harvest
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 412 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Really liked it”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Service was phenomenal. I love the idea of the sustainable locally grown food. Prices are a dollar or two high but I would go back anytime.

• Visited August 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
“A delicious and pricey and sweaty brunch.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a good brunch. The reviews for this place are not lying.

My girlfriend and I were just walking around downtown Delray before heading home at the end of a weekend, and we came across the Pineapple arts district and saw a sign directing us to restaurants. We followed, and by the time we found Max's, I was sweating bullets and just needed to stop somewhere. I recalled seeing it on yelp, but couldn't remember why it didn't make a list of places to stop, until I saw the prices. However, like I said, I was disgustingly sweaty and just needed to stop walking.

We were both very happy with our brunch (though I don't know how much they were happy with a bald sweaty tourist without a reservation - that's me, my girlfriend is neither bald nor sweaty) - anyway, they say us in the back (not surprising) and gave us an awesome server. She knew everything about the menu and was quick and very pleasant.

I ended up getting the pork belly benedict. I didn't think I had pork belly before, but when I was told it was essentially bacon, I jumped at it. It comes on cheddar sage biscuits with a mustard chive hollandaise. It was one of the best benedicts I had ever had.

I don't recall what my girlfriend got, besides some funny looks from me when she dropped a plate, but she loved hers, too.

The biggest problem is the price - you will spend a lot here. I think we spent $16 or $17 each, which is a bit much for breakfast or brunch, but it was almost worth it.

Well, it was certainly worth it to see us run out after paying the check to try to avoid anyone catching us with the broken plate under the table.

Anyway, check it out. Expensive, but delicious.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank tbow77
“Reservations Accepted, Not Honored”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived on time after making reservations several days in advance. There was a threesome ahead of us who clearly did not have reservations and continued to harass the hostess because the didn't want to sit outside. The hostess finally acquiesced leaving only a tight squeeze 2 top available inside which we were seated at. When making reservations, the restaurant states that they will attempt to honor location requests (in or out) but don't guarantee them. After we were eventually seated, the service was sloooow at best. Food was good but the cramped atmosphere and sub par service will prevent my return. Sad, because I am a huge fan and promoter of farm to table cuisine.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank jlhauntie
Boca Raton, FL
“Pricey, menu trendy, food average”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I along with another couple had a reservation here for an indoor table on a summer evening. When we arrived another couple was fighting with the maitre de regarding their inside table which is " not guaranteed". Well, neither was our inside reservation. We were seated on an outdoor patio with fans that were useless. The menu has interesting items on it. Each dish has many ingredients & a lot of trendy verbiage so that sometimes I could not even imagine how the dish was prepared. In the end, I had a salad and fish. The salad was nice but nothing special. The snapper was great but the dish was overwhelmed with too much stuffing that did not taste fresh like the fish. We ordered the summer celebration which included dessert. I got the cobbler. It was awful, topped with nuts or granola and fresh whipped cream which was not sweet. The fruit was warm compote. It was in no way a cobbler, no one at the table liked it at all. In the end everyone's meal was at best average. The bill was about $150 per couple. Outrageous pricing for just average food. If you plan on sitting inside, I recommend you eat at 5 pm. The inside is Tiny and was incredibly loud. Dining inside can't be pleasant either!! There are so many nice restaurants in Delray we won't be going back to Max's harvest.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank hnsadler
Plantation, Florida
“GReat Waiter Great Food, just plain GREAT”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our second time at the Harvest. Dwayne was great, we enjoyed the food, service and ambiance!

• Visited July 2013