“Maybe the Best of Delray!!”
Review of Max's Harvest

Max's Harvest
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 427 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 27, 2012

An excellent dinner -- much of the taste and presentation offered at really top-market restaurants at a much more accessible price point. Our foursome each chose the $49 three course "Celebrate the Harvest" menu: choose three: small plate, appetizer, main course or some other combination of two with dessert. Unlike other places that get stuffy with their tasting menus, Max's Harvest simply presents the option and then goes with the flow. Small plate meatballs were sublime. BELT salad (bacon, egg, lettuce, and tomato) was superb -- stunningly ripe tomato for January and testimony to the restaurant's genuine commitment to farm-fresh ingredients. Hangar steak was quite good, too (although the menu needlessly hid that option behind the description "Grilled Akaushi Flap Steak"). A friend had criticized the wine list -- unfairly. It isn't long, but there is a nice range. And our waitress recommended a superb (and suitably priced) bottle. Look: this isn't three star Michelin dining in Paris, but it is about as good as we have experienced in seven plus years visiting Delray. We are eager to return.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Pork belly was not seared half cooked seafood harvest was nothing more than tomato broth piled with onions not 1 shrimp a complete joke our waitress was RUNNING around from inside to outside rarely checking we wanted and ordered another bottle of wine never received it nor were we charged. 86 year old wanted desert waited and then our waitress blurred out the offerings so fast no one heard a thing. I don't think I will ever return it's obvious the kitchen staff has changed and they are counting on the vibe vs the product and service

Reviewed December 18, 2012

After hearing a food critic sing the praises of this restaurant, I finally got a chance to eat there. It's small, intimate and in the Pineapple grove. Went on Saturday, without a reservation, and they fit us in. They had small plates, appetizers and entrees. A large variety for varying tastes. I tried the pig bellies, first asking what it really was, and it was great. Then had the Mahi Mahi and it was just right, sitting on top of deaname beans. Too full for dessert, although they sounded great and were made on site. The waiter was very informative about how the food was prepared. I plan to return with other friends.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

What`s not to like ? A nice neighborhood, a cozy terrace and a nice atmosphere inside.

Then it gets better. The menu is interesting and the wine list is great. I had the Heritage Meatballs, the Harvest "Moqueca" and a side of Hand Cut Rosemary Frittes. A great.

I also tried a few wines and settle on two glass of David Bruce pinot noir, which were perfect. The only slight negative is that my waiter pretended he knew wines and clearly he didn't. would not have minded if he'd asked a colleague for some help.

But don't read any thing into this comment. The service was great, the food and the wine even better. It's a must go if you're in the Delray Beach/Palm Beach area.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just met friends at Max's Harvest Farm to Fork last Friday. This was my second visit to the restaurant. Both times, the food was excellent. Very inventive and perfectly prepared. Have had squash soup, fried squash blossoms, meatball appetizer, scallops entree, short ribs entree, and the flourless chocolate cake is really good. The only reason I would not recommend this place is if doing so makes it harder for me to get in. Enjoy.