“Great Pizza, service varies”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #14 of 410 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northern Neck, Virginia
“Great Pizza, service varies”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I grew up in North Jersey. This is the 2nd best pizza I've had in my life, which is a lot of pizzas. Crust is almost black, and looks burned, but nooooo it's just "well done" and delicious, as is the sauce, cheese and toppings. Wish my Mother-in-law still lived there, so I could visit more often.

The service at normal lunch and dinner time often is slow, and once in a rare while it is poor. but if you go for a late lunch, early or late dinner, it's usually very efficient. They either need more ovens or fewer tables.... it's that good.

• Visited March 2011

• Greek first
“Feels like Firenze!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

If you love your pizza crust well done, don't miss dining at Anthony's. The wings are delicious. Don't expect Buffalo style wings. However, they are topped with onions and seasoned to perfection. The foccacia triangles, with the wings, should not be missed. Whenever my husband and I fly down from New York, we ALWAYS meet friends at Anthony's our first night in town.

Delray Beach, Florida
“Good pizza, but only for pick up!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We have been regular customers (twice a month), but mistakenly tried to go on a Friday at 8:00 pm. Our party of four were told it would be a 30-40 minute wait. We started to notice that the people that arrived after us were getting seated, repeatedly. When we asked the reservation person about this, she announced that these folks had reservations. News to all of us and then I asked to talk to the manager. He suddenly had a table for us. We walked. I guess I will only order out from here on out. Too bad, they must lose a lot of business. Frank Lavernia MD

• Visited August 2011
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Probably the best restaurant pizza in South Florida”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This is a good location. The pizza is consistent like all the locations. In comparison to all the New York pizza I've had, it's in the middle. For South Florida, it's the tops. You will like the pizza, without a doubt. Now the cons are few but I'm going to be honest. The wait can be long. This is an area has ALOT of elderly people. No offense but there were two table with wheelchair carts. They knocked over tables and such. About 70% of the clientele, were over 50. There are hipper and younger Anthony Coal Fires further south. Heck, you can go to the one in Wellington and get a younger crowd.

• Visited January 2011
Ontario
“Excellent pizza!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

A great choice for pizza in Delray. Just a few blocks from Atlantic.
The Paul and Young Ron pizza was amazing - yummmm.

One suggestion - the menu is too small for appetizers and salads. Needs more variety.

• Visited July 2011