“A scene”
Review of The Office

The Office
Reserve with OpenTable
The Office is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 426 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE 5th
Description: A place where whimsy and gastronomical delights go hand in hand, The Office is a modern American Gastropub... A place that is comfortable where the food is as important as the drink, not quite a bar and not quite a restaurant, The Office is offering a casual-meets-refined atmosphere that welcomes beer drinkers and wine snobs, non-fussy eaters and foodies alike. The Office is a charmed neighborhood watering hole.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Cool setting, a happening bar with lots of action brings them in. If only the food was better I might return. On the other hand, the prices are too high.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I wish I had read some of the reviews here but since I live in the area, we just decided to try The Office without reading up. The menu does in fact look great but it is all downhill from there. I paid $21 for a bad hamburger and overly salted brussel sprouts. They were barely edible. My husband also had a blah burger and some lifeless french fries. We ordered onion rings to share and didn't even finish them. Our drinks, a beer and an iced tea, were the highlight of the dinner. The server was barely present and the manager walked around but never approached anyone. With so many good restaurants in Delray, we will definitely skip this one in the future.

1  Thank Jemom68
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The menu was what attracted us to The Office, and honestly it didn't deliver. My wife ordered the Horiatiki Salad with shrimp and I ordered the Cheese Burger. The burger came out and it looked and more importantly tasted like wet ground beef in a bun (and i ordered it medium well) and the fries were horrible. The salad was soggy (FYI there is not supposed to be lettuce in a Horiatiki Salad) and tasteless and the shrimp which were ordered "grilled and blackened" came out cold on top of the salad. For the pleasure of a soggy salad and even soggier burger, we paid $70.00. We won't make that mistake again. I never write reviews so for me to take the time to do so should alone compel you to choose somewhere else.

1  Thank Trigger2020
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As a Boca/Delray native I have frequented many of the restaurants on Atlantic Ave. I have heard much ado about The Office and decided to try it out this weekend.

The food was average. Not bad, not great....definitely overpriced on the value that I spent. I enjoy spending money on good quality food but this seemed a little under what I expected.

Even with that it could have been ok, if the service wasn't horrible. We sat for about 10 minutes until the Manager noticed we were bored and asked us for a drink order, subsequently the server came to ask for our drink order also.

The server was inattentive and not hospitable. I realize that with many places downtown Delray the service is lower than you would expect, but this was below even that lowered standard.

All in all the food is just ok but the service was just unacceptably slow and uninspired...I will pay a little premium for mediocre food with a good experience but they didn't give anything to work with.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Office was a great place for happy hour. We sat on the sidewalk bar/counter area and as the warm rain dusty past we were dry and well served- after a bit of a wait due to shift changes. Ate the duck quesadilla and drank a couple local brewed beers. Meeting others, a couple from Germany whose family has a home since 1978, and a woman from Boston, made the overall experience welcoming.