New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Seagate Hotel & Spa

The Seagate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Delray Beach
Texas
“Seagate Hotel and Spa... A great place to saty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2009

I have stayed at some of the finest hotels around the world and will place the Seagate Hotel and Spa among the absolute best. It is a beautiful hotel with a fabulous restaurant that is conveniently located to Atlantic Avenue's "string of pearls". From the moment that I arrived the staff made me feel as if I had walked into my own home. I cannot say enough good things about the staff, service and accomodations. If you are looking for the PERFECT place to stay in Delray Beach, it is the Seagate Hotel and Spa. Once you arrive, you will not want to leave. While staying at the Seagate, don't miss all that Atlantic Avenue has to offer. And, you will find that all of the locals are true Ambassadors for their beautiful City.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Work PC 2nd floor 3rd cube on right
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2009

My wife and I took a leap of faith and tried out the all new Seagate Hotel & Spa in Delray Beach FL. We were looking for a quick wedding anniversary weekend getaway (Sans kids) something different, we thought.
Well, not being one who likes to try things out sight unseen. I came across a website that showed new hotel openings in South Florida. I went to the hotels website; just brief hotel info was available as the actual room photos were not yet posted. The hotel sounded exactly like the Dr. Ordered for us. I called and made the reservation and took a leap of faith.
It was the reservation agent who sold me on the property and a great introductory rate was too good to pass up. Ok, fast forward to day of arrival, flew into Ft. Lauderdale, hoped into the rent a car, and drove the ½ hour drive north to Beautiful Delray Beach.
From the moment we pulled up to the hotel, I knew a great choice was made. Friendly attentive service and that was just the valet, in seconds our bags were taken from the trunk. We were escorted to the front desk and check into the Beautiful hotel within 5 minutes of arrival.
The Hotel lobby is Modern chic and very understated with wood accents and muted tones. The centerpiece is a large tropical aquarium filled with beautiful fish and exotic aquatic life. This theme is carried throughout the entire property.
We were checked into the 4th floor (Top level of Hotel), into a superior king room that overlooked E. Atlantic Avenue. Upon entering the room, our first impression was this is going to be a wonderful weekend. Large Marble Bathroom with soaking tub, head pillow and sponge, glass enclosed stall shower (for two). A Water closet with a unique 2 stage flushing choice (for #1 & #2). Beautiful sink with loads of high end toiletries and the fluffiest towels I have ever seen.
Large closet with two plush robes and a safe that will hold a laptop, a Mini Bar, Keurig coffee maker & wet bar. Large wall mounted HDTV with actual HD channels a DVD player, plenty of drawer space. And beautiful wood Furniture, chaise lounge and the most unreal King size bed I have ever slept in made this hotel a wonderful find.
The best part of our room was the Balcony; I’d say it was 15x10 with a table and 4 chairs and 2 lounge chairs on either side. Access to the Balcony was through two, Yes, I said two sliders that allow the wonderful ocean breeze into the room.
The hotel is Eco Friendly and there is a bedside lighting control panel (really Cool) Just like we had in the Encore in Vegas. Also there were several phones and an IPod docking station with alarm clock. Were nice upscale touches on the room. The bed was comfortable; it was hard to get out of bed. When we first entered the room on the dresser there was a Bottle of sparkling wine on ice and a selection of hand dipped chocolate covered strawberries for us to enjoy in celebration of our anniversary along with a hand signed note from the Hotel Manager.
Well, I can’t say enough about the Seagate Hotel & Spa other than to give it a try.
Thank you.