“Delightful!”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Sao Paulo, SP
“Delightful!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

After staying in good but not elegant Hotels, Seagate was a breath of fresh air on my vacation. Excellent decor, first class amenities, a huge room, comfortable bed, lots of towels...I could live there!
Delicious restaurant with good prices and beautiful aquariums everywhere.
Execellent Concirge.
The Beach Club is delicious but be careful because I was charged for expenses that I did not made, and at check out, it was very complicated to resolve this question because they do not have any invoice to prove. I hope not be surprise with an unathorized charge on my CC since we refuse to assume this expense. But if not because this episode, Seagate was the highlight of this trip Hotels!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brazilian2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Algonquin, Illinois
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Traveled to Florida for friend's wedding who are members at the resort. We had a standard room which was very spacious. Staff was universally gracious and went out of their way to seek our interests and needs. The seaside part of the resort is very nice even though it is @ 1/2 mile away- go out and walk it !!..
BTW the hotel just smelled amazing...really I thin they put scent in the air flow but it is great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MicSte
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Fellow Travellers,

Several thousand dollars where charged, Without Authorisation, to my Credit Card After I had signed my bill and Departed the Hotel.

When the Hotel management was confronted with the charges, they referred me to the "accounting department". The accounting department, a week after my stay, has yet to 1. Answer my numerous phone calls regarding the subject or 2. Call me back or even 3. Respond to my emails. In this day and age there is no excuse for such a behaviour from a "reputable" Hotel which this was supposed to be.

I am high frequency business traveller with one to two destinations per week during the working year. I am used to wide variety of hotels in number of different countries internationally, and never have had I been scammed in such an overt and indecent fashion as at the SEAGATE HOTEL, in DELRAY BEACH, FLORIDA.

The management is poorly qualified and rather arrogant.

Delray Beach is a lovely place to visit and spend time in, its by no means the Breakers Palm Beach or the Delano in South Beach, both are equally bad examples of customer care, in slightly higher profile venues.
In spite of my ongoing specific concern over Un-Authorized charges to my Credit Card and with the management, the Hotel offers No Breakfast, Hidden Charges are incurred daily, for Services and Benefits you Wont be Told about. It certainly puts in an added Stress Level to your Vacation you don't want to be dealing with!

It feels like being in a New York Taxi or Pawn Shop.

I would not recommend the Hotel as there are many other options not far from it which offer better service and better prices.

I would recommend anyone thinking about the seagate a few miles South, near Boca Raton or Highland Beach where honesty is a concept that is understood and practiced.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
15 Thank Dan C
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Totally redone, excellent view.....Great food, excellent service, they pay attention to detail..stayed here several times...Great location...any room is a good room, very clean...very relaxed feeling while sitting on the deck.

Room Tip: Any room is good, ocean view or street view...all very nicely decorated, clean...very little area no...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Frankie_Yamaha
London
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Well run hotel and restaurant. Spacious rooms but book poolside to avoid street noise. Central downtown location. 5 mins walk from Delray beach. Great beach club (at separate location) with fine restaurant there too.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cammy1964
Merrick, New York
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is very clean with a nice lobby. It is next to a lot of good restaurants and a nice beach. The rooms are great especially the bathroom! The light switches though are extremely confusing. They have multiple light switches and dimmers for different light, I still don't quite know how to use them. The service is outstanding!! Everyone is very polite. The only reason I gave the value a 3 was because I was very fond of the cashews in the Minnie bar and I was looking forward to having more once they replaced them. But they put another peanut jar instead of the cashews. So for what we are paying for the Minnie bar I think we should at least have the correct items.

• Stayed January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed there for a vacation in December of 2013. The hotel was high-end, with great accommodations from beginning to end. We checked in and the valet was friendly, the check in was easy, the room was good sized with a comfortable bed, good space and a nice balcony. I asked for a refrigerator and they were quick to get that to me. Unfortunately we only had the chance to use the beach resort once and it was fantastic! Free towels, easy to get to, great chairs for the pool and private beach. The pool at the hotel was very nice, and secluded. The gym had everything you could use along with nice cool off towels, free headphones, water and fruit. We also took advantage of the spa; my wife and I each got a massage and it was one of the best massages I have ever gotten. The weather was 75 degrees and sunny almost every day, what’s not to like? Also it was a great location - it was close to all the bars, restaurants and shops but not too close. So it was quiet at night but close enough to walk to everything. I am also vegan and there were 5 + restaurants within a 5 mile radius for us to go to. I would suggest a rental car so you can drive to those, but if you are not vegan there are plenty of restaurants along the strip. Great night life and great for young, old or even kids. I highly suggest this hotel.

The only negative thing about the hotel was the type of cleaners they used. They had a very strong toxic smell. My wife and I are used to all natural cleaners and because the hotel is so high end I would expect the same. It was only bad in the hallway, once you got to the room, it was fine. Overall it was a great hotel and I would return

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!