“Best Hotel to date”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
New York City, New York
“Best Hotel to date”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

First Review ever on TA but I just had to say WOW this hotel was great. Stayed at this hotel to celebrate a friend's birthday The services was amazing. Hotel can be a little pricey but you can't beat the location and feeling like a King or Queen when staying at The Seagate Hotel. The Beach club is a great add to the Hotel, everything was just made very convenient and everyone is willing to help to make your stay incredible..I like being in good walking distance of bars and the clubs and then walking back to my nice quiet hotel, The greeting's we received every time we walk in and being from New York that meant something. I want to thank Chandler The pool bartender for making a great drink and Helping my friend feel like Beyonce (inside joke) lol. I say if your going to stay anywhere and you can afford the price The Seagate Hotel & Spa is the place to be. Did not want to leave Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Seagate lobby is very nice. The rooms are OK, wouldn't say there was much of a balcony - it was barely big enough to sit in. We were traveling in a group of 8 people (three children). We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant the night of our arrival, it was expensive and of only modest quality. As has been pointed out by other reviewers, there is a "resort fee" which is added to the cost of the room daily. This fee gives you access and transportation to the "beach club". The "beach club" is a short trolley ride. There, you will find, a restaurant, bar, lounges and towels. We were among the first to arrive, and the best lounges were marked "reserved". No one ever came to use them. The other lounge chairs were out of view of the water. To access the actual beach required scaling a quite steep drop off. Getting back up the hill proved even more difficult than getting down to the beach. (I saw one person literally crawling back). Drinks were served at the site of the lounges, however, food was served only in the restaurant. The next day, my family and I went to the public beach and had a much more pleasing experience.

I did not use any of the spa services, so I can not comment on them, but the spa area looked really nice.

All in all, I think there must be better choices, closer to an accessible beach, In Delray Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
new york
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Seagate for a wedding and absolutely loved it. The rooms were so nice and the staff was great. The bed was amazing - I slept so well! Hotel is gorgeous, located right on the main strip in Delray and very close to everything. Also, the hotel has a beach club which you can use as a guest and there are regular shuttle rides there (about 5 minutes away). My friends and I used the beach club one day and checked out the pool the other day. Pool area is nice, bartender on staff so you can get drinks/food poolside. Would definitely come back and stay at the Seagate!

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at the Seagate this weekend and loved every minute of it! Starting with checking in, the front desk staff were gracious and helpful. My room was extremely comfortable and the minute I saw the oversized soaking tub, I knew it would be enjoyed! The bed was turned down with an orchid waiting for my return. The hotel is beautiful with decorative details everywhere. At any turn, there are aquariums that soothe you. Staff are very friendly and engage you in conversation, making you feel like a valued guest. The food was great and we were also able to enjoy the Beach Club, a definite treat. I highly recommend the Seagate, you will not be disappointed!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Remarkable accomodations! We had a short girls weekend in Delray and I was so impressed with the incredible staff, the service, the food, the hospitality proved to be the best around. Thanks to Tricia for an unforgettable experience at the wonderful Hotel & Spa. Looking forward to returning! Thanks to all that made our stay a memorable one!

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just recently stayed at the Seagate Hotel & Spa for the weekend and NEVER wanted to leave. The staff was extremely accommodating and from the moment I arrived I was treated in a 5 star manner, from the front desk to room service to housekeeping everyone was fantastic. The hotel is gorgeous and I particularly enjoyed the numerous aquariums scattered throughout especially the jellyfish tank...The hotel is centrally located in beautiful downtown Delray Beach so it is conveniently located to all the shops, bars and restaurants, most within walking distance. My room was beautiful and had every convenience I needed. My bed was turned down every night with a fresh flower placed on my bed and in my bathroom. I was also fortunate enough to be able to book a massage while I was there so I got a chance to utilize the spa and it was FABULOUS as was my massage therapist. All in all I would recommend the Seagate Hotel & Spa to anyone. It was family friendly as well as suited for couple and singles.

Room Tip: I had a 4th floor room overlooking the pool that also had a slight ocean view to the left.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brunswick, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family and I recently visited the Seagate Hotel and Spa, stayed seven days, did not want to leave and had an excellent experience! The service and amenities are top notch. We traveled with our daughters and were very pleased with our accommodations and the location. Our room was spacious and the housekeeping was excellent. Being a former food and beverage director and having worked at several high end clubs and resorts it takes a lot to impress me. At every turn we were greeted by professional and courteous staff.

Since this was our family vacation, most of our time was spent at the hotel pool where pool attendants, Stephanie and Chandler, took care of our food and beverage needs. They took the time to get to know our family which was important and made all of us feel special, something that was above and beyond their daily responsibilities. We loved having the choice of the hotel pool or opting to take a 5 minute ride on the Seagate Trolley to the private beach club. The salt water pool and access to the private beach was wonderful ... the best of both worlds! The Club staff was friendly and accommodating.

We had an opportunity to utilize the amenities to include the Seagate Spa, Jellies Lounge and the Café and experienced the same high level of service and professionalism. The food, whether it was pool side or at the lounge, was amazing!

Overall we had an excellent experience and plan to visit again with our daughters.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Residence Inn Delray Beach
Residence Inn Delray Beach
#10 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!