“Great hotel for a wedding weekend”

The Seagate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Seagate for a wedding and absolutely loved it. The rooms were so nice and the staff was great. The bed was amazing - I slept so well! Hotel is gorgeous, located right on the main strip in Delray and very close to everything. Also, the hotel has a beach club which you can use as a guest and there are regular shuttle rides there (about 5 minutes away). My friends and I used the beach club one day and checked out the pool the other day. Pool area is nice, bartender on staff so you can get drinks/food poolside. Would definitely come back and stay at the Seagate!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at the Seagate this weekend and loved every minute of it! Starting with checking in, the front desk staff were gracious and helpful. My room was extremely comfortable and the minute I saw the oversized soaking tub, I knew it would be enjoyed! The bed was turned down with an orchid waiting for my return. The hotel is beautiful with decorative details everywhere. At any turn, there are aquariums that soothe you. Staff are very friendly and engage you in conversation, making you feel like a valued guest. The food was great and we were also able to enjoy the Beach Club, a definite treat. I highly recommend the Seagate, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Remarkable accomodations! We had a short girls weekend in Delray and I was so impressed with the incredible staff, the service, the food, the hospitality proved to be the best around. Thanks to Tricia for an unforgettable experience at the wonderful Hotel & Spa. Looking forward to returning! Thanks to all that made our stay a memorable one!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just recently stayed at the Seagate Hotel & Spa for the weekend and NEVER wanted to leave. The staff was extremely accommodating and from the moment I arrived I was treated in a 5 star manner, from the front desk to room service to housekeeping everyone was fantastic. The hotel is gorgeous and I particularly enjoyed the numerous aquariums scattered throughout especially the jellyfish tank...The hotel is centrally located in beautiful downtown Delray Beach so it is conveniently located to all the shops, bars and restaurants, most within walking distance. My room was beautiful and had every convenience I needed. My bed was turned down every night with a fresh flower placed on my bed and in my bathroom. I was also fortunate enough to be able to book a massage while I was there so I got a chance to utilize the spa and it was FABULOUS as was my massage therapist. All in all I would recommend the Seagate Hotel & Spa to anyone. It was family friendly as well as suited for couple and singles.

Room Tip: I had a 4th floor room overlooking the pool that also had a slight ocean view to the left.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family and I recently visited the Seagate Hotel and Spa, stayed seven days, did not want to leave and had an excellent experience! The service and amenities are top notch. We traveled with our daughters and were very pleased with our accommodations and the location. Our room was spacious and the housekeeping was excellent. Being a former food and beverage director and having worked at several high end clubs and resorts it takes a lot to impress me. At every turn we were greeted by professional and courteous staff.

Since this was our family vacation, most of our time was spent at the hotel pool where pool attendants, Stephanie and Chandler, took care of our food and beverage needs. They took the time to get to know our family which was important and made all of us feel special, something that was above and beyond their daily responsibilities. We loved having the choice of the hotel pool or opting to take a 5 minute ride on the Seagate Trolley to the private beach club. The salt water pool and access to the private beach was wonderful ... the best of both worlds! The Club staff was friendly and accommodating.

We had an opportunity to utilize the amenities to include the Seagate Spa, Jellies Lounge and the Café and experienced the same high level of service and professionalism. The food, whether it was pool side or at the lounge, was amazing!

Overall we had an excellent experience and plan to visit again with our daughters.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the Seagate Hotel for 3 nights. Overall, the hotel is lovely. The common areas are modern, well-kept, and have a relaxing/spa-like feel.

The rooms given the money, need a bit of TLC. Everything is modern and new, but I was shocked to see stained carpets in our room, and a side table with sand under the glass. I was able to change rooms, and it was a nicer room, but still I felt the room could have been a bit cleaner and there were just some small things that seemed to be overlooked--marks on walls, still some smaller stains on the carpet, etc...for a place this expensive, I expected more. I will say the bed was comfortable.

If you're looking to be right on the beach, this isn't the place, but it's definitely central to everything in Delray Beach. Right off of the Avenue, lots of restaurants, shopping, etc...we loved the location. There's a nice pool at the hotel. Gym was also nice, but small.

The staff was a mixed bag. There was a lovely girl at the front desk (Anna or Ann Marie?) she helped us change rooms and was just so friendly. Many of the others at the front desk didn't even greet you as you walked by. The valets, parking attendants, and drivers were so friendly. The housekeeping staff friendly as well, but their attention to detail a bit lacking with our room in particular. One day we came back to our towels missing and not replenished.

The Beach House is beautiful. Food and drinks are very expensive, and they build a service charge and tip in which just adds more to it--I spent $15 for a frozen margarita. There's a $30 resort fee which also hikes up the cost, but that does include the transportation to The Beach House, the beach with umbrellas and chairs, and the other amenities at the hotel. The beach guys who set up your umbrella and chairs couldn't be nicer. The beach is gorgeous! The wait staff at The Beach House were great. We had an odd experience with a food runner who we tried to ask a question, he was abrupt and said "ask your server."

Surprisingly, the place was swimming with kids--even though the summer vacation season hadn't officially started. So if you're looking to get away to a place without children, this wouldn't be it. The hotel was quiet, but the pools were a family favorite. The Beach House pool was quite small.

I was annoyed that hotel staff didn't put a stop to a few dogs running free on the beach. I own dogs, and love them, but running around on a beach when I believe the town doesn't allow it. I saw one dog nip at one child and bite another--the owner was a complete idiot. If the staff would have forbidden dogs at the beach, that wouldn't have happened. I appreciate dog-friendly establishments, but owners who can't be responsible with their pets should be told as such.

I don't know if I would stay again. It's a bit pricey for what you get. Definitely would go to Delray Beach again however!

Room Tip: Upper floors of the hotel and on the sides opposite the Avenue for quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy L
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a really nice small hotel. Even though it's not right on the beach, transportation between hotel and beach club is always available. Easy walk to downtown area, with great bars and restaurants. If you do not wish to walk hotel transportation is available until 11:00 pm.
Rooms are nicely decorated, nice bathrooms.
Really nice hotels, highly recommended, Delray Beach is a really nice place to relax and enjoy good food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!