“Perfect! Great rooms, decor, staff, food- I'm Impressed!”

The Seagate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Morristown, Arizona
“Perfect! Great rooms, decor, staff, food- I'm Impressed!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place is well done- a perfect hotel even to myself the critic who notices every detail. The staff is well trained and I continue to be surprised (a rare occasion while traveling at times) at how great this place is. I was introduced to the Seagate while attending fitness classes while staying at the Marriott. I was impressed with the staff & decor, so after many issues at the Marriott (please read that review if you are considering staying there or save yourself & just come here) decided to give them a try. What a great choice that I wish I would have made sooner.
Again all of my staff interactions have been genuine and you can tell that Management really trains them to focus on the guests. The spacious rooms are modern with updated decor and great bedding. It is one of the most comfortable beds (and rooms in general) that I have enjoyed at a hotel. I would highly suggest upgrading to a room with a balcony- they are much larger & more comfortable, very worth it. The deluxe rooms are smaller with a small window that may be fine for an over-night stay, but not longer.
Room service was higher quality and the restaurant was great- both food and service. The mini-bar is even nicely stocked. I really enjoyed the ambiance at the restaurant with the lower lighting and fish tanks. One night we came back from eating elsewhere to find a packed bar and dancing. It was so much fun! It was a local hang out with a great crowd enjoying live "oldies" music from their generation. Only this crowd surely wasn't "old" they were having a blast, enjoying life, and much for fun than the bars around for the people our age. We danced for hours!
The spa was top notch- we both had great massages with excellent therapists and will go back. It was just a nice experience.
Before checking in, I had many interactions with a corporate booking person and a front end manager, they were both responsive and excellent to deal with if you are setting up an event, having to set up arrangements for business billing or bringing a group in. We truly felt appreciated here and got a hand written thank you note from the person we had been working with- wow!!! Not only that, but a bottle of wine sent to our room!!!! Again, this was above & beyond what I expected and impressive. A great way to thank us for booking here for many of the upcoming weeks.
The Beach House is a great place to relax, too. I like just being on the beach in the lounge chairs and there is drink service on the beach! There really is a lot to offer here and I cannot say enough good things about it. We have already booked our next stay here & I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I would upgrade from a deluxe room if you are staying longer than a night. The spacious suites are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a Wonderful stay here. Absolutely beautiful. The staff was also Wonderful, special Thanks to Erica, Mike and April who were exceptional. This was a Staycation for my husbands 60th Birthday and he was Happily surprised. Even though it was a rainy weekend we had such a nice time, the rain made it even more relaxing. Although you are close to the shops and restaurants there is no reason to leave the resort. There is a Spa, fitness room, restaurant/bar with entertainment, they too have their own shop and a sweet cafe. When we came back to the room to turn in, maid service had turned down our bed and left a flower. A very special touch. We will be back!

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were there last November -2011 & the experience was so great that we came back this year again this time in September to celebrate of my husbands 50th Birthday, it was fabulous.
Hotel Staff was very friendly & helpful at all time, truly superior customer service all around from the valet, to front desk staff to bell staff I can't say enough.
In addition we had his Birthday celebration at the Atlantic Grille, the atmosphere, service, hospitality and the food was magnificent, as well as the cake . It was a most memorable evening for all. We received many compliments on the food, cake, service and the location.
Thank you to Mark Aloisi and his staff, and Pastry Chef Carolina Martinez for a delicious cake.

An all around great experience!

Room Tip: Just make a request & they will fulfill, all rooms are great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Winter Park, Florida, USA
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at the Seagate this past weekend, and we had an amazing time! We were treated like VIPs our whole stay and even given a special anniversary surprise! Martha and Maureen at the front desk took great care of us, and we particularly had fun wining, dining, and lying in the sun (and shade) at the Beach Club! We are already planning another trip back as soon as we can! Thank you, Seagate!!! :)

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are worth the upgrade to have a balcony and open bath.
Territet, Vaud, Switzerland
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is simply great. You also have the Beach Club wich is very good and the restaurant is excellent ! Love it! The hotel is very good located and close to the shops and restaurants.
I 'm really locking forward to come back anytime!

Room Tip: The breakfast is kind of expensive but you have the chance to get yours at the cafeteria . Very good...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The front desk checked us in and also gave us all the info we needed for our stay. We took their tram to go th their private beach.
The hotel room was really large and spotlessly clean. Excellent toiletries and we also enjoyed their restaurant as the food was excellent and reasonable priced for this location. We will return

Only issue we had was the bed was a little too soft for our liking and the cafe is a bit overpriced for an omelette. We should have had the brunch instead but that was our mistake and nothing to do with the hotel

Room Tip: room 403 is quite and near the elevator and real large
Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I won this trip on Live With Kelly and could not have been more pleased. The staff was very attentive and the service was prompt. The spa is the BEST. The atmosphere of the hotel is very relaxing and accommodating. The room was nice and comfortable with a great balcony. The Beach Club was awesome, but you do have to walk a bit or take the hotel trolley - they treat you like royalty with chairs, umbrellas and drinks at the private beach! The only slight problem was the housekeeping is lacking a bit - the room was not cleaned and restocked as it should have been - but nothing major. I would definitively stay here again!

Room Tip: There are 4 floors in this hotel - we had a fourth floor room so you don't have the street noise...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 15 in Delray Beach
Residence Inn Delray Beach
Residence Inn Delray Beach
#10 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!