“Crowded but cool place for pizza & beer - (sadly) not a place for lingering”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #19 of 415 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers opened in Delray Beach in May 2008. Mellow Mushroom with its hip décor has become a gathering spot for locals and visitors alike. The restaurant is family friendly for lunch or dinner and serves fabulous hand tossed gourmet pizzas, mouth-watering appetizers, calzones, unique salads, hoagies, and more. We have recently introduced Mellow Happy Hour Everyday til 7:00pm. Our bar is a site to see offering 50 different craft beers on tap and 50 additional bottled beers. We deliver locally, Monday thru Friday 11:30-2:30. Check the website for specific specials, promotions and a full food and drink menu.
Cardiff
“Crowded but cool place for pizza & beer - (sadly) not a place for lingering”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

What I liked: the rock & roll paintings on the wall, especally the big Abbey Road mural. I don't think my dining companion & I chatted much - we were too busy admiring the walls!
Good choice of beers. Pizza was delicious!
What I didn't like: being squeezed into a corner booth & then having customers & staff climbing over me. The service was a bit over-efficient - I think they wanted to hurry us up & chase us out to make room for the next customers. We wanted to relax over a final beer but as soon as we said we didn't want coffee or dessert, the check came and then the waitress came back twice until we got the money together. Then she wiped down our table & tried to remove our (not quite) empty glasses. I also thought it was fairly expensive & the fact that we had eaten & felt like we'd been turned out in under an hour didn't make us feel like we'd had value for money.

South Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What kind of pizza??”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

They have the most unusual pizzas I have ever seen. It's a hard decision because there are so many choices. We're not talking sausage or pepperoni here. The 2 times I was there, I had the caesar salad pizza. Yes, they actually put a caesar salad on the pizza in the middle of it. Most unusual, but it was good. They come in various sizes, but the small is not quite enough for 2 people so we order 2 and take home the rest. For pizza it's pricey.

Maryland
“Pizza, beer, and fun -- what else do you need?”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Right off of busy Atlantic Avenue, the Mellow Mushroom is a great place for tasty pizza. There are lots of varieties of pizza, as well as salads and sandwiches, too. Huge selection of beer. Very family-friendly location, with fun decor. We had a stellar server, which always makes the meal even better.

deerfield beach
“Not just pizza!”
Reviewed December 15, 2009

The pizza is great, but the soups and hoagies are delicious, my hubby loved the unbeatable choice in beer (looks like 40 or 50 draft lined up), It is a unique atmosphere that we have taken out of town guests for the decor and ambience!

Alex Platt
“Pizzadelic”
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Ever since I first tried Mellow Mushroom, it has since been my #1 pizza restaurant.
The one in Delray is extra psychedelic. You can truly taste the Freshness of the pizza.
100 beers on tap!