“A tryp to tryst” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 382 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Fort Lauderdale
“A tryp to tryst”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Good food, fish tacos need more punch, pan seared snapper very good put a bit on the pricey side. Nice outside courtyard. Our server didn't seem as well trained as others. Great happy hour

• Visited September 2013

Delray Beach, Florida
“Tasty Treats at Tryst”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are new to Delray-- so we are out to sample the fair at as many places as we can. Although we keep coming back to Tryst. The burgers, pad Thai, mac and cheese, happy hour menu holds our attention. We are now weekly regulars here.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good spot amongst many.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went out to Tryst (a local Gastropub) a few weeks back to use a Living Social coupon I had. It has a good variety to its menu and its specials are ever changing, so you aren't going to be bored too easily if you enjoy it enough to frequent often. The only thing you will want to take into account is that their menu online doesn't match up with the menu they offer, so if you see something you really want, then you will definitely want to call ahead. And also, take it from me, if you are wanting to get an inside table and it's a Fri/Sat night, then call for a reservation.

They have a good selection of craft beers and if you tell them what beers you typically fancy, the guys/girls at the bar will help you out with a sample or two of whatever they recommend and you can take it from there. I told the guy I liked Blue Moon and he recommended their Funky Buddha, which is a locally brewed beer...so we both ordered it. They come in a few sizes, and naturally, I ordered the larger one. (No jabs here please). I wanted to order some apps with Pork Belly but sadly Pork Belly wasn't even on the menu at all, so you definitely want to call ahead if you are craving something in particular. So we ordered their Bone Marrow that comes with fig jelly and some toasted baguettes, and we also ordered their Chinese Pork Ribs that came with a sauce of hoisin and toasted sesame and cilantro.

The beer was delicious! The Bone Marrow was good as well, I mean, you can't really go wrong with grease and fat and a bone...if you think you can, then you clearly don't know what life is all about (kind of kidding). I'm not one who enjoys figs but the jam was a good compliment to the heaviness of the marrow. The Pork Ribs...a little tough to be honest. I think somewhere in the early cooking process they were cooked to perfection, but then when dinner service rolled around they were cooked too long. The sauce saved the dish in my opinion, without it, the dish would have been rough to finish.

For main entrees, I ordered their Bolognese and the roommie ordered their Sea Bass. I ordered the Bolognese for the pork and beef mixture and because I enjoy a good Bolognese (usually minus the peas, but in this case, they were done perfect). Next time I go, I will probably avoid the Bolognese...let me explain, it had a little too much cream and I don't handle cream well to begin with. It was extremely heavy and even though I am a big eater, I couldn't even get through half. The Sea Bass was great, it was cooked to perfection and was tender yet firm. The Bass sat on a tomato coulis (which is basically a thin tomato pureed sauce) and some greens.

Overall, food was good, and service was great but we did sit at the bar so I can't speak for the service on the floor or outside for that matter. Would definitely recommend it, but like I said, call ahead to confirm any specials or particular dishes, reservations if you want to sit at a table, and if you have a coupon such as a Groupon or Living Social, then use it...it's not the cheapest place but has good food and beers.

Parkland, Florida
“Great flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had the fish tacos and my husband had the schnitzel. Food had so much flavor.
First time there was pleasantly surprised! Waiter was great too and even the owner came by. Will return again!

• Visited July 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great Resturant Downtown Delray Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Had dinner here last night and was it wonderful! I order the fish special it was grouper pan seared then baked, it was so fresh and yummy came with a unique mix salad. The atmosphere was great people watching and the staff was great!

1 Thank SusanHorne