“Wonderful organic gastro-pub with everything you could want”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tryst - CLOSED

Tryst
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Miami Beach, Florida
“Wonderful organic gastro-pub with everything you could want”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been on a search for Real Cider for some time now - easy to find in the UK, virtually impossible to find in the US. Proper pub food, drink and atmosphere all seem to escape us.

Finally, civilization arrives in the US and in South Florida (yes, you can find real pubs and good cider on tap in New York)!

Tryst is an amazing place - beautifully appointed, quiet pub atmosphere inside, lovely garden terrace outside with murals painted on the building wall. The staff is wonderfully friendly, and the food is organic, carefully sourced (all of it) and absolutely delicious. AND - a pint of Angry Orchard on tap - what else could anyone want. The daily Sausage and Mash IS worth writing home about, and the desserts are restaurant made as well.

Look at the pictures I took, think about a wonderful evening 'down your local' with a pint of ale or cider - and a delicious meal in a quiet garden or inside the pub if weather demands. Then wander over (it's an hour from me but I make the trip) and enjoy. Tell Jason (the manager) that Bill sent you - and order a pint of cider for me!

• Visited May 2013

mclean virginia
“lonely for lunch”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I ate here threeweeks after easter and I was by myself.Perhaps it is crowded dor dinner but it surely wasn"t for lunch.I ate outside and the day was glorious.The tomato bisque soup was the BEST I have ever had in my 69 years.The chicken sandwich was very good and tasty but it was the soup whose memory I will carry with me always.The soup-something the seinhold soup nazi would have made.The soup,the soup I long for that soup!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Florida
“Zesty”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our reservation for six was for 5:30 on a Saturday, so it was notably quieter than what it would be later that evening, I'm sure. There was a band outside, but we chose to be inside and despite being right next to the door, didn't hear it at all, which was fine. When I return, I will do so for two reasons: beer list and the Mctryst burger.

I enjoyed the Prior 8 beer. It was a healthy ruby color, had subdued fruity flavors and that zesty taste that accompanies 8% alcohol content. In fact, from the mustard that accompanied the otherwise bland and salt-less pretzel mini-loaf to the house salad and free-range chicken, everything was wonderfully spiced. Having a had a more intimate experience with the burger than the chicken, I'd rate it right up there with the one served at Rocksteady: densely made, laden with flavor and just drippy enough to be noticed, but not annoyingly so.

We split some sort of banana creme tart that was quite light and palette cleansing, and overall, it was a good ending to this tasty meal.

• Visited May 2013
Baveno, Italy
“Great, yet sit outside”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The outside dining area is great with lot's of plants and pretty lighting. Inside it can be a bit noisy due to the bar. We love both the fish tacos and the Tryst burger. They have an excellent selection of unique beers and a decent wine list. The Spanish Albarino is delicious and reasonably priced ($8 by the glass) given many restaurants in Delray charge you $10 and up and pour a stingy glass. The service is very helpful and the menu focused on what they do best (simple, yet very good).

• Visited February 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“Good food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I've been here several times. The food is consistently good and there's always a variety of "different" items to choose from. i.e. Pork Belly, Vegan Pad Thai. It's all good.

Visited September 2012