“European Style”

Joseph's Wine Bar & Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's Wine Bar & Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 426 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The best way for me to describe Joseph's is to ask, have you ever been to Italy or France? Joseph's Wine Bar and Cafe is a restaurant just like the ones you would see there. The service was great and the wine complimented our meal. My wife and I ordered Escargot and we were pleasantly surprised how absolutely delicious it was. We have always order Escargot when it is offered on the menu. Joseph's Escargot was equal to the best Escargot we have ever had. For dinner, my wife ordered Duck and it was a little dry and without any sauce. I ordered the Cedar Plank Dolphin and it was perfect. We enjoyed the meal and the hospitality.

2  Thank NevadadbaBrew

Reviewed September 10, 2013

On a lovely side street off the main drag in Delray is a quaint little cafe', with bar and nice tables.

The ringmaster is Joseph, the owner, maitre d', server and bartender, and his wife is the chef.

The food is good, decent array of wines and Joseph aims to please as well as anyone.

3  Thank George A
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We met friends for wine and some appetizers, and we were very impressed with Joseph's. The restaurant is intimate and the wine list is excellent. We had the cheese plate and stuffed grape leaves, we all enjoyed both. And the Pinot the owner suggested was one of the bet I've had in months. The owner and his daughter made us feel right at home, we will definitely be back, next time for dinner!

1  Thank Rebecca__881
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The trip map/address we were following wasn't correct so we had to hunt a bit on foot for Joseph's but we are so glad we did. The atmosphere is delightful - small with well detailed European style decor and the food and service was 5 star. But the real star is Joseph who graciously made us feel like honored guests. He is from Lebanon and he lived in France and met his wife there so we exchanged some pleasantries in French since it fit the food and the bistro feel. The lobster bisque was superb and be prepared for a large portion, We then split a Greek salad and a panini with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella and herbs - delicious. Joseph's son runs a restaurant across the street so we will try that next. We are coming back to try the impressive wine list and dinner.

1  Thank lwsara
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited this restaurant based on other reviews and were not disappointed. Joseph greeted us at the door and instantly made us feel very welcome in this relatively small and intimate restaurant. The food was delicious but it was the personal service that was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble. We took our children with us (16, 14 & 8), who were equally welcomed. My youngest is the fussiest eater and I felt Joseph would have made my son absolutely anything he wanted. I recommend the hummus for starters which is home made and delicious. I also had the chicken "kebobs" (also served with hummus if you didn't have it as a starter) which were very tender. My compliments to Joseph - he deserves the many Zagat awards on his wall.

4  Thank Amanda G