“Great place for Mexican...”
Review of Los Dos Compadres

Los Dos Compadres
Ranked #65 of 189 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant. Our family moved to DeLand, Florida 25 years ago from Estado de Mexico. We opened our first little restaurant 12 years ago in Deleon Springs, Florida, with a little help from my grandmother's recipes. Our grandmother is so proud that her recipes have not been changed. Even though she has never been in this country, in a way she is with us every day.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had not visited the new location, even though I my parents ate in this location everyday in is last life!!! We were visiting and took my Mom for lunch. They were very friendly and the service was nice. The food was good and plentiful and we had leftovers to bring home! They have done a great job with job with the inside as it is cheery And bright. Great patio seating, but a little warm right now! Corona Light on draft! We will be back!

1  Thank ontheroadagain0709

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I took my husband here to eat for Father's Day, and we were so disappointed! The service was horrible - the worst I've ever experienced! It took 30 minutes to get our drink order and 25 minutes before anyone took our food order. We ate early so it wasn't busy. Three different people waited on us. The food was okay, the salsa was the best thing about the meal. I could not recommend this place to anyone!

1  Thank judyeclark
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I live in Deland and use to love coming to this restaurant. Usually very good food. Today was the worst and last experience I will have here. First, I order a margarita rocks no salt. It comes out frozen with salt, and no straw. They're busy so let this slide. No tequila in the margarita!! Ask for a shot, it never comes out. Chips come out stale! Ordered guacamole and wait 15 minutes for it. Then finally order chicken fajitas with charro beans. We waited over 30 minutes. I had to ask 3 times when is the food coming, no offer to refill drink. When my chicken fajitas came out the chicken was cold, not sizzling, not even sliced and no charro beans. I send it back and they bring it back to me not recooked, but simply microwaved. When I call them on it They say were out of charro beans. I ask to see the manager who never comes over. If they care so little about thier food or thier customers, they won't miss that my husband and I will never return. I have been in Deland for over 20 years. I will let my friends and family know the experience I had. Word of mouth goes a long way.

2  Thank Cashmere2009
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went there recently for the first time because wanted to try another Mexican Restaurant near the area. Must admit that the food was good. The tortilla chips and tomato sauce dip is quite good but our waitress was simply just rude. Took a long time to get offered drinks, after drinks got served took another bit to just get the straws. When ordering food, wanted chicken for the chimichangas and pork for one enchilada and chicken for the other enchilada which our waitress didn't like the fact that I preferred my order this way. When finally served (which took like forever) the waitress brought whatever she thought was convenient. Maybe because she was to lazy to specify to the cook what I specifically ordered. I felt like she needed to offer better customer service and because of this experience I will never return back to this place and will instead continue to go to one of Orange City's Mexican Restaurant that I've been going for years and that has never let me down.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I and another couple went here and were pleasantly surprised. The prices were great, service was great and portions were huge. Good authentic Mexican food.. A+++

Been to Los Dos Compadres? Share your experiences!