“We'll be back!”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #61 of 187 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great variety, even for vegetarians. In fact, our server worked with us in that regard; for our appetizer sampler, she left off the chicken strips and gave us extra mozzarella sticks! Nice, quiet atmosphere as well. As we were all full, we didn't indulge in the scrumptious-looking desserts that greet you at the front of the store, but next time, we may take some with us!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went here for an evening meal, the food was nice, but it was more of a breakfast or lunch place than dinner.

It was a cute little cafe type place good service, would have liked to have visited for a casual lunch or breakfast.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I like their varied menu & bakery with fantastic muffins & desserts. The French dip sandwich was very tasty. Our server had several tables to attend to, but she kept up very well. The floor in front of the cash register was sticky.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Love this place great value for money and terrific pies and muffin for afters. Always look at thier great meal deals which include a drink and pie in the price I tried every one on my last holiday and not they were all delicious. Great staff friendly and helpful a pleasure to eat here every time

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I've have the pleasure of dining at this Perkin's twice in the past month, and both times were excellent. The service was good (thank you, Kasey!), and the food is above average. Here's my take on the highs and lows:

Good - huge portions. Crispy bacon. Eggs cooked, but not scorched, and our omelettes were delicious. Pancakes second to none, and impossible to stop eating them once you start. My husband and I split an order, and they were happy to accommodate us and did not charge us an extra fee for splitting - bravo, Perkins!

Not so good/needs improvement - the music is oldies from the 50s and 60s, which seems to be standard at all Perkin's. It contributes heavily to the dated feeling of the atmosphere inside. The syrup selections were not labeled, although I have seen labels on the syrups at other Perkin's restaurants. Re. the size of the portions, I wish they offered a 2-egg omelette with 2 pancakes, for those of us who don't need so much food and also don't want to spend over $9 for breakfast. Last, but definitely not least, was that a cup of hot tea was priced at a whopping $2.59. Adding insult to injury, it wasn't even a high-quality brand of tea!

Overall, very good, and I look forward to going back someday.

1  Thank WanderingFool47