“Disapointing Lunch”

Ranked #20 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My expectations for this restaurant were quite simple. A tasty lunch, good service, and a decent atmosphere. Well, the atmosphere pretty nice and the service was good but the food was a disappointment. I was seated promptly and the waiter offered the day's special, a Prime Rib Sandwich. I was hungry and that sounded nice so I ordered it. I asked that the side dish be substituted with a salad and I was told that this would be one dollar extra. Fair enough I thought.

My salad, which arrived first, looked like something that was scooped out of a huge stainless steel been in a walk in fridge. It was pale iceberge lettuce with some finely shredded carrot and cucumber (I think it was cucumber). I poured on a bit of the bleu cheese dressing and had a few bites.

Next came my anticipated "prime rib" sandwich. On the small white plate before me, on an average supermarket bun, and under some melted white cheese was what appeared to be shaved deli roast beef and some grilled onions. The plate was garnished with three dill pickle chips. I placed the top bun on and took a bite. Except for the overpowering onions, there was no flavor at all. Completely drab and flavorless.

There are newer reviews for Bill & Frank's Brick House

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nicely decorated, Bill and Frank's Brick House is located in downtown DeLand. We were promptly seated on a Saturday night and our service was impeccable.

We ordered the Ahi Tuna for an appetizer ($9.99) and it was nicely prepared and tasty. For our entrees, we ordered the special 8oz sirloin with shrimp, baked potato and salad for $14.95, and the 12 oz Delmonico with baked potato and salad for $16.95. Both meals were good. The Delmonico was thin, but it was close to medium rare as I ordered. The special was Thicker and juicier and was ordered medium. There is an upcharge for "loaded" baked potato. Can't complain about the prices - they were very reasonablel

Overall, this was a very nice night out, good food, excellent service.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stumbled on the Brick house when searching for somewhere for a late lunch one Monday. The service was great, the setting pretty typical but the food was outstanding. We both had the Pig Pen sandwich, pulled pork, topped with coleslaw, served on garlic toast this was one of, if not the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. The pork had a perfect smoke, the BBQ sauce was not over sweet and the coleslaw, not over mayonnaised. The combination was heavenly. The salad bar was also very well stocked with an array of fresh ingredients.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Remembered Brick House from working on a project at Deland airport.
So on a trip to blue springs stoped in on BH for lunch the brisket poor boy was the bomb,and will stop for lunch on my next visit......Great prices too

1  Thank Jazzmanblue
Reviewed August 13, 2012

One of, if not the best casual dining place for great ribs. Right downtown and easy to park in lot around corner.

1  Thank jlermkow