“This isn't your typical Mexican restaurant!”
Review of De La Vega

De La Vega
Ranked #2 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I love this resturant. The food is creative and features ingredients like cuctus, grilled cucumbers, yuca (just to name a few). You have to try the hibiscus tacos or chicken roses. But honestly anything you order will not disappoint you.
Bu En Provecho!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I may be abnormal on this, but I don't like cilantro and it seemed like EVERYTHING on the menu here had cilantro. Even when I asked the server to recommend something without it, which she did, I got cilantro. This has happened on two occasions...enough to keep me from going back. BUT, if you like cilantro, I'm guessing this is a good place to eat.

2  Thank dm0474
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had the black bean soup and a salad. Both were extremely unusual in a very good way. The soup was homemade with tangy lime juice and toppings of tomatoes and feta. The salad had cooked onions and wonderful, unexpected surprises. My husband and I were treated to a generous slice of cake in honour of Fathers Day. A wonderful chef lurks somewhere in the kitchen....keep him!

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here and had the chicken with nopal, not my favorite. And paid a lot for it too, but it was recommended by the waitress. They have a miniature sopes that they call aspirin, pricey too. But good. Overall will not come back, I can find cheaper and way authentic Mexican food closer to home.

1  Thank Denisse M
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Three of us dined at de La Vega for around $100. Two shared tapas - each of which is almost the cost of a meal - and one had a meal. Two had drinks.

There is a nice tapas selection - the snowballs were our best choice. They were served with very tasty bread, but we ran out of bread before we finished the snowballs, so ordered more bread, which they cheerfully brought. They neglected to tell us, however, that there was a charge for the bread. It wasn't much, but in principle, they should have informed us.

It was good, but I'm not sure we'd go back - there are many places in DeLand that look good.

1  Thank VMSTravel