“Quality made baked goods”
Review of Buttercup Bakery

Buttercup Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in DeLand
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
DeLand, Florida
“Quality made baked goods”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I happen to live about 5 minutes away from Buttercup and although I don't indulge as much as I would like, when I do I am always thrilled. They use only the best ingredients and the family that runs it are very nice. I recommend highly that you do not leave the Deland area without giving them a try!

Visited March 2011

Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Bakery”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

The salads here are a little pricey, but you can't beat the baked goods. Brownies, cupcakes and bars are all fresh and made with the best ingredients. Don't let them sit in the car, because real butter and cream can turn. But have some coffee and dessert on the premises or take it home. You don't get huge portions and the prices might seem steep at first, but take it from me, you will be satisfied with the service and the tasty treats. If dessert is your weakness, you might be tempted to go everyday and break your budget.

• Visited November 2011
Daytona Beach
“Everything is just too good!”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I go to Buttercup Bakery at least once a week. Their scones are delicious, chicken parmesan quiche is out of this world, and every single bakery item is delectable! Oh and great coffee too. A definite not to miss stop when you want a special treat!

• Visited October 2011
“Best Desserts in Town!”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I absolutely love visiting the Buttercup Bakery! Their brownies, scones, and chocolate chip cookies are my favorite ever! I also enjoy trying there ever changing selection of fresh and decadent desserts. My favorite sweet (and healthy!) treat is their iced apple tea with honey.... it tastes like apple pie in a drink!

1 Thank SkinnyChefLove
“Just o.k.”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I agree that the place is adorable and the service is great.

I stopped by there for lunch (and dessert, of course!)--drove through and took the food home.

The dijon chicken Waldorf salad was just ok. It was $9 for about a cup of arugula and a cup of the chicken salad. The chicken was a touch dry but pretty good. The red grapes were not fresh and were basically down to just the skin. The white grapes held up better. The sauce was quite runny. The flavors were delish, though, so I'd give a 6 out of ten.

I also got (wait for it, wait for it...)...the strawberry shortcake! The other reviewers claimed their baked stuff is incredible. I love me a strawberry shortcake...but the Buttercup's was just so freaking sweet. It's hard to make dessert too sweet for me, but this one was. I couldn't taste the shortcake for all the sugary sauce. The whipped cream was fab but the strawberries only semi-fresh. I would have expected more from a place known for its deserts. BTW, the SS was $4.25.

So, in a nutshell...just o.k.

1 Thank onederchic86