“Cleanliness and comfort were fine.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn - De Land

Comfort Inn - De Land
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in DeLand
Sarasota, FL
“Cleanliness and comfort were fine.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

Having read the earlier reviews I was somewhat concerned about staying here, but it was the most convenient to where we were going to be working. The staff member making the reservations was friendly, knowledgable, and helpful in offering discounts for membership with AAA and AARP. Check in was quick and easy. Once again, the staff member was friendly and professional. There was a luggage cart available for guest use and all amenities were described with times for breakfast, pool, and check out. The room was plenty spacious and there was ample dresser drawers. The closet was somewhat small, but had enough hangers and room for the items brought for the few day stay. The room was quiet, clean, and comfortable - as was the bathroom and shower/tub. Everything worked and housekeeping took excellent care of the room. A huge plus for me is the fact that it is a totally non-smoking facility! There was no smell of smoke in the rooms, halls, or breakfast area.

There are some excellent restuarants in the area (it is a quaint college town) and a Dunkin Donuts right next door! No complaints at all - I am not a big breakfast eater so that wasn't an issue. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Nigelmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

Needed a room just for one night. The room was very clean and it was a nice size also. Four of us were very comfortable. Would def stay there again if we go back to DeLand.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Basketballer
Ocala, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

I read the bad reviews here but took a chance that improvements had been made, since many of the reviews have older dates. Thank goodness we had no problems; our room was clean and every staff member was courteous and helpful. The hotel was in a convenient location to our destinations during our weekend visit, too. I agree with another Trip Advisor member that the breakfast “room” seems to be an afterthought. Offerings were standard, but adequate.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ExplorerAP
Crystal River Fl.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2008

First let me say this place is spotless, the rooms and whole property is very clean, I am in a suite and to me the suite is not as big as other Comfort Inns, the breakfast is minimal they call it a deluxe breakfast, they give you waffles, stale bagels and they say fresh fruit, I got downstairs at 8 AM and the only fruit out was 2 bananas, they pool and spa is closed due to repairs which I was never told when when I made the resorvation, other than that I gues this is the better of all hotels here in Deland.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ljsflorida
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2008

My daughter and I stayed here for the weekend because we had a cheerleading competition @ Stetson University.
Deland is a tiny town with some great resturants in their downtown area.

I had read the reviews of the hotel before we booked and I was pretty nervous about staying there, but we didn't have much choice. We arrived around 1pm on Saturday and although check in isnt until 3pm, they allowed us to check in early. Our double room was on the 2nd floor and it was immaculate. I don't know if the room had just been redecorated or what, but it was clean, comfortable and no musty odors at all. The beds were quite comfy, the housekeeping staff was very friendly and the desk personnel were nice as well.

My only negative comment would be about their "Continental Breakfast". The area is in the same space as the hotel's front desk and it seems to have been an afterthought. A few tables and chairs with a wall counter to hold the food. The food & coffee were fresh though, so I can't complain too much.

I would stay here again and trust me when I say that I have stayed in some dumps and I have stayed in many $300 a night hotels as well. This was definately worth the rate of $80 per night.

We were lucky although we heard many complaints from team members about their rooms. Maybe the hotel is going through a makeover and the rooms that havent been made over are crummy.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank thoc123
Marlboro, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2008

We arrived late one night after a long day of traveling. I had booked the room via Expeida and specifically requested a Non-Smoking room. We got up to the room and it reeked of smoke. So back down to the front desk only to be told that they had no more rooms and it wasn't their fault ... they said that if you book via an OLTA there are often mistakes. We could either keep the room or they'd give it to someone else. No attempt to make the situation better that night.

My lessons learned:
- Don't stay at this hotel. If this problem happens frequently,
maybe they should do something to try to fix it.

• Stayed February 2008
2 Thank jwest
Winchester, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2007

My sister and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Deland on two consecutive weekends, and it was like a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde experience. The first weekend was fine and uneventful. We had a suite on the third floor, and it was a normal Comfort Inn room. The second weekend was horrible. We were on the first floor, in a room that was in desperate need of major renovation and repair. Walls were badly cracked and patched, the sheets were threadbare, housekeeping never showed up, and the floor was FILTHY. I wore white socks for about an hour, and they were black when I took them off. Then there was a problem with the bill at checkout, and Mary was not only horribly incompetent, but also incredibly rude. If you stay here, pay the extra $10 for the suite, and hope your bill is correct.

• Liked — Proximity to relative's house
  • Disliked — First floor room in need of cleaning and repair
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Noncamper
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeLand
Hampton Inn & Suites Deland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange
Orange City Motel
Orange City Motel
#3 of 5 in Orange City

Been to Comfort Inn - De Land? Share your experiences!