“Very clean but I expected more for my money”

Comfort Inn - De Land
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in DeLand
Crystal River Fl.
“Very clean but I expected more for my money”
Reviewed September 19, 2008

First let me say this place is spotless, the rooms and whole property is very clean, I am in a suite and to me the suite is not as big as other Comfort Inns, the breakfast is minimal they call it a deluxe breakfast, they give you waffles, stale bagels and they say fresh fruit, I got downstairs at 8 AM and the only fruit out was 2 bananas, they pool and spa is closed due to repairs which I was never told when when I made the resorvation, other than that I gues this is the better of all hotels here in Deland.

• Stayed September 2008
1 Thank ljsflorida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My daughter and I stayed here for the weekend because we had a cheerleading competition @ Stetson University.
Deland is a tiny town with some great resturants in their downtown area.

I had read the reviews of the hotel before we booked and I was pretty nervous about staying there, but we didn't have much choice. We arrived around 1pm on Saturday and although check in isnt until 3pm, they allowed us to check in early. Our double room was on the 2nd floor and it was immaculate. I don't know if the room had just been redecorated or what, but it was clean, comfortable and no musty odors at all. The beds were quite comfy, the housekeeping staff was very friendly and the desk personnel were nice as well.

My only negative comment would be about their "Continental Breakfast". The area is in the same space as the hotel's front desk and it seems to have been an afterthought. A few tables and chairs with a wall counter to hold the food. The food & coffee were fresh though, so I can't complain too much.

I would stay here again and trust me when I say that I have stayed in some dumps and I have stayed in many $300 a night hotels as well. This was definately worth the rate of $80 per night.

We were lucky although we heard many complaints from team members about their rooms. Maybe the hotel is going through a makeover and the rooms that havent been made over are crummy.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank thoc123
Marlboro, MA
Reviewed March 2, 2008

We arrived late one night after a long day of traveling. I had booked the room via Expeida and specifically requested a Non-Smoking room. We got up to the room and it reeked of smoke. So back down to the front desk only to be told that they had no more rooms and it wasn't their fault ... they said that if you book via an OLTA there are often mistakes. We could either keep the room or they'd give it to someone else. No attempt to make the situation better that night.

My lessons learned:
- Don't stay at this hotel. If this problem happens frequently,
maybe they should do something to try to fix it.

• Stayed February 2008
2 Thank jwest
Winchester, VA
Reviewed December 6, 2007

My sister and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Deland on two consecutive weekends, and it was like a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde experience. The first weekend was fine and uneventful. We had a suite on the third floor, and it was a normal Comfort Inn room. The second weekend was horrible. We were on the first floor, in a room that was in desperate need of major renovation and repair. Walls were badly cracked and patched, the sheets were threadbare, housekeeping never showed up, and the floor was FILTHY. I wore white socks for about an hour, and they were black when I took them off. Then there was a problem with the bill at checkout, and Mary was not only horribly incompetent, but also incredibly rude. If you stay here, pay the extra $10 for the suite, and hope your bill is correct.

• Liked — Proximity to relative's house
  • Disliked — First floor room in need of cleaning and repair
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Noncamper
connecticut
Reviewed December 3, 2007

This hotel was clean and comfortable. There are a few hotel choices in Deland and I've tried several of them (University Inn, Days Inn, Holiday Inn) - I believe the Comfort Inn is the best choice in terms of price, convenience and cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2007
1 Thank nhmtravel
Naperville
Reviewed September 19, 2007

We read previous reviews, and noticed that the 2007 reviews were more favorable for this Comfort Inn. We are staying here right now. The building has been renovated. The walls have been repainted, hallways seem to have new carpeting. Our bathroom has the bath redone, new carpets, painting and a nice king size bed.

For our $68 AAA per night price, it does appear the Comfort Inn is the best choice in Deland, Florida

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — detected a musty odor in the room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Napervillian
Reviewed July 2, 2007

This small town is short on decent places to stay. We found this hotel to be clean, quiet and in a good location to visit relatives in the area. Nice small outdoor pool and breakfast room. We would stay here again! The Perkins nearby is a good place for breakfast and lunch.

• Liked — Size of room
  • Disliked — Limited breakfast choices
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelgypsyDenver
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeLand
Hampton Inn & Suites Deland
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 5 in Orange City
Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona

Been to Comfort Inn - De Land? Share your experiences!