Comfort Inn - De Land
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Artisan Downtown(DeLand)
Cassadaga Hotel(Cassadaga)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswafflesfront deskroom was cleanwould stay here againhot breakfastconvenient locationa great stayprice was reasonablebaskin robbinsbreakfast foodcheck in was quicknice pool areatwo double bedsstaff was very friendlybreakfast areacoffee potstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at this location for three nights while my husband enjoyed a fishing break. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The service was good. What else do you need? They had an outside pool and hot tub, but we didn't use it. Our room was cleaned and restocked everyday. My only complaint was the Wifi is terrible. I kept getting disconnected. This seemed to be a busy motel. I noticed there was a "no vacancy" sign up a couple nights. There were a lot of noise in the hallway but it eased off at bedtime. We did have a scare the first night. We recieved a phone call from someone claimning to be from the front desk. They wanted our information because it was lost due to a computer break down. I didn't give them any information over the phone. I went to the front desk. They said there was a scam going on in the local motels. These people were trying to get your credit card information. I feel that if the front desk knew of this they should have warned the guest before checking in. We did stay at another motel, different brand, and they had a paper in the guest room telling the guest about this scam.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tyme4relaxing
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed for 1 night in Dec. 2012 while visiting family for the holidays, and I must say that I was impressed. I read the other reviews on TripAdvisor prior to my stay at this hotel. The hotel looks recently refurbished, and the property is in really good condition. I booked a double queen room. While there was nothing fancy about the room, it was a decent size and had 10 ft. ceilings. Room smelled clean and the furnishing & carpet were all in like new condition. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The beds were firm but fairly comfortable, and I got a good night’s sleep on it. I can tell the hotel staff really does their jobs here because I didn't have one single complaint about this hotel or my room. The free breakfast is served adjacent to the entrance lobby, and the breakfast area is a little small if a lot of guests are in there at once. However, the scrambled eggs and sausage links were very fresh & extremely tasty. There was also coffee, tea, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, muffins, and waffles available. I highly recommend you take advantage of the free breakfast because the quality of the food was very high. The breakfast staff should be commended for a great job!
To sum up, Comfort Inn Deland is not fancy but is a clean, comfortable & quiet place to stay and get a good night’s rest. I would stay here again next time I am in Deland.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wes R
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The room was very clean. The size of the room was on the smaller side as far as hotels go, but it was comfortable. The beds were firm, the TV worked, there was a coffee maker in the room, and the bathtub was efficient and had hot water immediately. The breakfast in the morning was very good and included real scabbled eggs and sausage links. There was also waffles and various fruit items available. The coffee was tasty and the dinning room was comfortable despite the loud whinny kids (some parents!!). The staff was friendly and helpful. I paid $81 (military rate) plus the rip-off 12% city gotch-ya, I mean tax. Overall this place was worthwhile and I would stay here again if I needed a room in DeLand.

Room Tip: my room was on the bottom floor and I found that to be very convenient. Room 113 was great so I would pick that room if available.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Nothing fancy but very clean and the AC worked great, I will stay here again, especially because this is the best you will get in the deland area.
I stayed here with my daughter son son in law and grandson in a double room with plenty of sleeping space for all.
Nice pool to relax around & dunkin donuts next door

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Clean, quiet and friendly. Pooland hot tub were a nice relief in August. If your a skydiver ask for the skydiver rate of $65.00 a night it is literally two minutes from Skydive Deland. Check in and check out are smooth. Very close to Stetson University. Nothing negative to report, nothing..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo