“very helpful”

Comfort Inn - De Land
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in DeLand
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed there during a big skydiving event at the nearby drop zone and the staff coped very well with additional requirements such an earlier breakfast requirement than is standardly advertised and they obliged by providing food earlier and opening the conference room for additional seating as this was in issue with so many at the same event.
Unfortunately there were people resident that were not at the same event that made a lot of noise late at night, but the reception staff were very helpful regarding this.
The only main criticism was the inconsistency regarding the room service in that we went for 2 days without cleaning of the coffee pot and replacement of coffee filters and bathroom plastic cups TWICE in a 9 day stay which wasn't appreciated and felt was poor service, although on different days the room was perfect possibly due to individual staff variations? Still not acceptable though for a dirty coffee pot to sit there for 2 days.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank DurhamSkychick1

Reviewed April 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here a couple of nights while visiting Deland and their antique stores. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the rest of the hotel. It was a reasonable price and very conveniently located. It gave the impression of being a newer place. The breakfast area was very fresh and always stocked up. Every worker was very friendly.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side face an empty lot and have no lights coming in the window.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I travelled from the UK to spend 4 days at Skydive Deland and chose this hotel from Tripadvisor (of course) - and I was really pleased. Its a 20 minute walk to Skydive Deland or 5 minutes and $8 in a cab !

The Hotel is easy to find just off the highway - NOTE: that means you hear some traffic !

The hotel is modern with a slightly dated feel. The staff on the front desk are EXCELLENT - they helped me with LOCAL restaurants (GO TO THE DELAND FISH HOUSE along from the hotel !! The nice lady at the front desk recomended it to me and it was GREAT!) AND they have a list of TAKEAWAYS that deliver to you ROOM. There is only a breakfast buffet station and vending machines in the hotel.

There is a 7/11 and three eateries withing 500 ft of the restaurant :-)

The rooms (I had a Jacuzzi room - which has a jacuzzi bath in the bedroom!) are large, clean and have air conditioning and good flat screen TV's with 80 channels.

I will stay here again! Its not a 5* but it 5* for what I want !

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank shorehambeachUK
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Although I live not too far from this hotel, I spent the night, along with a friend, after a New Year's Eve event nearby, so I wouldn't have to drive home late at night. I didn't need much in the way of amenities, but still, I was hoping it would be decent. I wasn't disappointed. The room was clean and comfortable. I had a room with two full sized beds that were very comfortable. The room had a flat screen tv, a microwave and a mini fridge (located inside a cabinet.) The hotel also provides free wifi. The bathroom was big enough, and there was a non-skid coating on the bottom of the bathtub, which is IMO an important safety feature. Free buffet breakfast is included. Cereal, eggs, sausage and waffles are among the items from which to choose. The room was on the small side, but we were only there for one night so it was fine. I would definitely stay here again if it was convenient for me to do so.

Room Tip: The building is near the highway. Our room was #109 and it was very quiet. I would ask for a room in...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kimelizabeth1
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We found this hotel in Deland off I-4 to be a nice stay. It was convenient near everything but especially near one of favorite get away's, Blue Springs State Park. We had a nice experience at a local restraunt as well. Cook's Buffet, Cafe & Bakery 704 N. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, FL 32720. Enjoy!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a hot tub. Clean unlike other places we had to clean BEFORE we could use it...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ed S
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Ok, you open the door to your room and the first thing you smell is a musty oder.
The air conditioner was off so the room was hot. Turned on the air conditioner to cool the room off. Went to plug in my laptop to do some work. My power cord falls out of the outlet. Ok lets try the next one. Same senerio. Finally I able to get the power cord to hang on to one outlet. The wi-fi was down and was told that they were working on it. Well still not up the next day. Oh that musty smell. I finally found the culprit. It was the shower curtain. Man o man. Since the bathroom is right by the door the first thing you smell is the shower curtain. I informed the desk clerk about the outlets and the shower curtain.
Other than that it was not bad at all. I think the first impression of the oder made the rest of the stay so so. It's like they say a bad first impression can influence stays at other Comfort Inns.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JoeyDog
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We enjoyed a pleasant stay at this hotel. The members of the staff were very courteous and the room was comfortable. We also enjoyed the Continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeLand
Hampton Inn & Suites Deland
Artisan Downtown
#2 of 8 in DeLand
Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford

Been to Comfort Inn - De Land? Share your experiences!