“Nice Thai Lunch”

Ranked #19 of 181 Restaurants in DeLand
Anthem, Arizona
“Nice Thai Lunch”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a lunch portion of Cashew Chicken. It was tasty and a good size portion. Service was friendly and fairly prompt considering it was during lunch hour. Menu includes Thai and sushi. All of which looked very tempting. This my first time here as a temporary visitor to Deland

• Visited August 2013

Delmar, New York
“Not so good!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Oudom Thai is a very disappointing restaurant. After reading the reviews I expected good food and service but I was not happy with this place. My friends and I were seated right away at a table in the back of the small restaurant. After about 10 minutes a waitress comes over to take our drink order. Then returns with the drinks and takes our dinner order. She was very confused during the order and when I tried to clarify that I was sharing an order with my friend she interrupted and said "he already told me that". This was just the beginning of our problems. The restaurant had about 6 waitresses, which should've been plenty for its size but it was not. She never came over to our table and after over a half hour of waiting for our food we had to ask another waitress to check on it for us. We didn't end up getting our food for close to an hour and instead of apologizing for the delay our waitress told us it was because of a larger group. As soon as I saw the plate of Pad Thai my friend and I ordered I knew it wasn't good. The noodles were burnt and barely warm at all. My friend got our waitresses attention and told her it was not good and we wanted to send it back. She took the food and then tried to give the spoon from the plate back to us. When my friend said he didn't want the spoon back she turned around and said "you are being rude!" Maybe it's just my opinion but a waitress should never ever call a customer rude. After this we decided we wanted to leave. Our waitress sent another waitress over, not a manager, who inquired about what was going on. We began to tell her what happened and she proceeded to call me "rude" when I had said very little to her. Finally we got up and left as they were beginning to yell at us and act like we were the problem. As we were leaving we saw them bringing out a new plate of Pad Thai...interesting how it only took five minutes for the second one to come out. It is amazing how many people eat in this place considering the bad service and lack of professionalism. I am not one to write many reviews, but I had to let people know about this before they get stuck in a similar situation. This is as honest and truthful of a review as I could write for this restaurant. I do not recommend dining at Oudom Thai.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank baseballmlm
Hoffman Estates IL
“Spicy Food and Hot Staff”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Dined here 3 times.. each time the service was slow but accurate. The curry dishes are like big bowls of soup with not many vegetables in them. Rice portions are small. Appetizers and sushi are all about quality not quantity. They make "american egg" pad thai and not real fish pad thai so the dishes are tame. The management puts great effort into keeping the place clean and running smoothy during rush hours.. you won't wait that long for your dishes. It is worth the wait and is not at 'fast food' quality.

The thing I remember most about Oudom was the three slim and slinky waitresses who were not shy about getting to know the customers. It can be quite a show at times but I'm not going to get into details on TA.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wolfgang V
Charlottetown, Canada
“Terrific Thai food”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wife and I ate here one lunchtime. We both loved the food. I had a chicken spring roll and she had the wonton soup for apps. She had the Thai Pad and I had the Cashew with chicken. More than enough quantity for lunch. More like dinner portions. Servers were efficient. Atmosphere was typical of our experiences in Asian restaurants - clean but nothing to take your attention away from the fare.

• Visited March 2013
DeLand, Florida
“Very good Sushi, very pleasant servers”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Went with my nephew and his gal, our tradition when we get together, sushi. His choice and a good one. Stetson roll was a first for me, steak and very good. I had the Sashimi Deluxe and it was fresh and tender. The Edamame was salty and perfectly cooked, my preference.