“Stay away”

Budget Inn of DeLand
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in DeLand
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked this hotel for our stay as it was close to Daytona as we were attending the 500 race.
What a mistake it would have been better to sleep in the car. Room was terrible,dirty, smoke coming from A/C unit.Toliet wouldnt flush. Front desk service sucked. It was advertised as a restuarant next door..Wrong it was a strip club. you get what you pay for so dont go cheap stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay some where else
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank snowaway

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Would not want my worst enemy to stay at this hell hole. Room smelled like something died in there. Bug infested. Brown water ran out of the faucet. Wet towel on the countertop.
VERY GROSS AND DISGUSTING ! Couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Extremely rude manager offered us another room. NO THANK YOU. And still they have the BALLS to charge my credit card.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 2013neveragain
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Roaches are trying to escape this Dungeon! ..

Sewer backing up. mildew walls, carpet stains, no micrmicro wave, dirty towels
dirty bed linens, no cofee pots , very smelly rooms
not enough outdoor lights . very expensive,
Huge potholes in parking Lot. Dead Bugs littered the corridors. soda machines out of service

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank biker18ft
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for bike week 3/14-3/17 with another friend. I paid a good price per night, not great for economy hotel with no fridge or microwave... But not terrible either. When I got there I too found a top-less bar next door, I was surprised for howard johnson, but figured whatever, I have no kids this time and I am by no means, prissy. It takes a real lot to gross me out... This place did it and in more ways than one... As I enter the room i close the curtain I notice some type of bugs embedded into a curtain creases. While Staring at the giant bug in the web (dead thank god) I notice the electric tape holding the smoke detector up on the ceiling. The towels were very old and resemble rags however I am still ok with that. When i went to shower the next morning is when I got really grossed out. There was Hair around the tub and floor and ashes too (i threw a towel on the floor). I went to step in the tub and slid on the soap scum of all others who stepped in there. (which was all over walls too) i also threw a towel down in there to step on. I had to turn the water off to avoid The tub clogging causing a nasty backup in the tub that lines the shower curtain with the hair shavings of all the other prior guests at room 212.
We left for the day and returned to beds made, towels switched but all garbage, like empty beer bottles left on the counter, no more toilet paper was left but they did help themselves to a 50$ bill in my friends jacket. When I called the front desk they said management would call back. ..... Management? Seriously??? Your a small family run business. I called back again and they said management wasn't In... Ya, okay.......
Called them again and said, don't let any maid into my room until I hear from management. They did let the maid in and I heard from no one......

Breakfast was a joke, cereal, 2 lonely bagels, a juice machine that had to have something done under the top cover to make it work.... Did I mention dirty?

To cold for pool so no opinion.......

I was disappointed to see the lack of care and effort given to please customers and make their stay comfortable..... I will never stay there again......

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank Jordana H
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Howard Johnson should remove their name. Spider webs, bugs on the floor, previous guests toe nails on the floor, brown water, holes in the sheets, worn out towels, drawers on dresser wouldn't open but three inches, the pool was a pond filked with mosquitos.....DO NOT STAY....when you first arrive you see what appears to be a strip club attach to the front of the hotel. you would be better off staying in your car.I have never written a review of any place but this place was so bad I had to warn other potential guests. And yes I was stupid and didn't read any reviews before I stayed.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed November 30, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
2  Thank JANE O
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeLand
Comfort Inn - De Land
#4 of 5 in Orange City
Cassadaga Hotel
Cassadaga Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cassadaga

Been to Budget Inn of DeLand? Share your experiences!