“Complete and utter crap, never again.”

Budget Inn of DeLand
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in DeLand
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Complete and utter crap, never again.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is one of the worst motels I've ever stayed in. Has bedbugs, door keys don't work properly, tv sucks, and their continental breakfast is worthless, just go down the street to seven eleven you'd be better off. Also credit card machine was broken. Craphole look elsewhere.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I Had to leave in middle of night ,the air conditioner was broke and no one answered to fix it , then when we tried to get our money back they rudely told us no, stated that someone was stating in there now, well if they are theyre very much uncomfortable! I will never stay at a hojo again!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Rbnglnda

Travelers are raving about these DeLand hotels

Citrus Springs, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2012

we showed up on friday afternoon and checked in. The lobby was hot and smelly,but not a big deal, when we got our room number we went up there and the walkway ceiling was falling off and it could at anytime fall and hurt someone. We got into how room and it looked like someone put holes in the walls and they tried to fix them, Also i checked the bathroom and there was hair in the tub. We got back that Friday night from the races we turned the tv on and it did not work at first,then i layed in bed and there was a hug spider by the door,then a little while later there were two spiders over my bed. I hate spiders. I went down to the officee cause my phone did not work. I let the guy now and all he said was i can move you but you will have to go back to that room in the morning cause we are booked. Now this was at 1 am. The sheets has holes in them the towels were falling about. The so called breakfast they had there was nothing there when i went to see what they had. I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN STAY THERE STAY AWAY. I CALLED THE HIGHER UPS ABOUT IT. Next year i will stay at the comfort inn or the other hotel in deland it maybe it will be cleaner and nicer to stay at and maybe pay about 20.00 more a night

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

sandersville
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I booked this hotel to attend the 2012 Daytona race. It was not what I expected. The location was great. There was no kleenex in the room. A large bug was flying around the room. There was a bug previously killed on the wall. It was nasty. This is not a place I would like to stay at again. Beware !

Room Tip: Do not stay here !!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland for your recent stay in our area. I hope that you had a wonderful time at the 2012 Daytona race. I am glad that the location was a great one for you.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of a bug in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Bartow
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Dirty, smelly, noisy, crappy continental breakfast and they ran out of hot water by 9am for our showers!
Avoid this place at all costs!

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional instruction in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Breakfast staff received additional instruction in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Maintenance was informed of the hot water in the room assigned to you running out early in the morning.

Monaca, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2012

my husband went to pay. I was in car. Beer bottels and garbage outside. Ran in trying to get to him before he payed. Not. Went to room. Bed not made. discusting. would sleep outside before sleeping here. DO NOT SAY HERE. Got our money back and moved on.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda F.,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland during your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you did not find the establishment to be what you had anticipated.

• Management was approached about your report of garbage and beer bottles outside.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during Bike Week. They have a bar with live entertainment, pool tables. The location gives you many different directions to go for a nice ride and things to do. They allow trailers on their property and bikes were allowed to park on the grass outside of the inside rooms, so the owners could keep an eye on them. The rooms are what you would expect from a 1 star hotel: many stains and run down. I was able to take a lukewarm shower both days. Our bed linen was clean, and a place to sleep for a decent price was the only reason we booked at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland for your recent stay in our area. I hope that you and your wife had a wonderful time at Bike Week. I am glad that our location was a good one for you.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeLand
Comfort Inn - De Land
#4 of 5 in Orange City
Cassadaga Hotel
Cassadaga Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cassadaga

Been to Budget Inn of DeLand? Share your experiences!