“Bike Week 2012”

Budget Inn of DeLand
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in DeLand
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during Bike Week. They have a bar with live entertainment, pool tables. The location gives you many different directions to go for a nice ride and things to do. They allow trailers on their property and bikes were allowed to park on the grass outside of the inside rooms, so the owners could keep an eye on them. The rooms are what you would expect from a 1 star hotel: many stains and run down. I was able to take a lukewarm shower both days. Our bed linen was clean, and a place to sleep for a decent price was the only reason we booked at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland for your recent stay in our area. I hope that you and your wife had a wonderful time at Bike Week. I am glad that our location was a good one for you.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland, we look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Budget Inn of DeLand

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I have submitted this review before, but it didn't appear so here we are again. I would never recommend this place to anyone. The bathroom was not clean, there was a used towel hanging on the back of the door, there were long black hairs in the bathtub and many short black hairs in the sink. I was so disgusted with this place, I wouldn't even get undressed for bed. We had been helping an elderly couple move from Alabama to Deland and we were exhausted. If my husband would have listened to me, we would have demanded a refund and went elsewhere, or slept in the car. If I could give it a lower rating I would.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you pay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

needs TLC cleaning....in average condition...just a bit dirty b ut it served its purpose as sleeping accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This place is disgusting. It is very dirty. The bathtub was not clean, it had dirt and hair in it. The towels and the bed sheets were old, thread bare and yellow. The carpet was covered in stains but the worst part was the stuff that came off my feet when I stepped in the shower. I did not walk barefoot in the room after that. The shower turned very hot in the middle of the shower for my six year old who was screaming it was burning him, the same thing happened to me and my husband. The only good thing I can say is that we were on the back side and could see the crowded bar but we did not hear and noise from there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry about the problem you experienced with the water temperature. I hope none of you were burned.

• Maintenance was notified of the problem you experienced with the water temperature in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed repairs or replacements.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

The hotel people were very polite but the overall conditions of the hotel was not good. A true budget hotel. But hey it worked what can I say, honest opinion.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We arrived late on a Friday and noticed motorcycles everywhere and loud, booming music coming from a bar near the office. We were given our room key, carried our luggage up the stairs and found that the key card didn't work. We were issued new room keys, and opened the door to a room that reeked of cigarette smoke. It was supposedly a non-smoking room. The bathroom smelled of urine and the door did not close completely. There was hair on the bathroom floor along with several cockroaches. The sheets were threadbare and the towels were yellowish. The bed was surprisingly comfortable, but I was so freaked out by the cockroaches, I didn't sleep well. Around 3 am we woke to the sound of about 10 people partying and loud booming music in the parking lot near our vehicle. The worst motel experience of my life.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank resstop1
hojodaytonabeachdela, Webmaster at Budget Inn of DeLand, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

• Management and desk staff were reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the cockroaches found in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to their extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Inn - Daytona Beach/Deland. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

The room was terrible, it looked like someone had a food fight in the room. the walls were filthy bathroom tub was brown there were stains on the carpets it was nasty...........

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jtoledo211

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near DeLand
Comfort Inn - De Land
#2 of 8 in DeLand
Cassadaga Hotel
Cassadaga Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cassadaga

Been to Budget Inn of DeLand? Share your experiences!