“Charming Atmosphere and Great Food”
Review of Old House Cafe

Old House Cafe
Ranked #39 of 181 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: American, Soups, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Deland, FL
“Charming Atmosphere and Great Food”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Great food and service at a reasonable price. My fiance and I really enjoyed lunch and went back later the same week for dinner and were not disappointed as it was even better than the lunch. The old house atmosphere was charming and the outside patio with pond was delightful. One word of caution, they have limited hours of operation so call ahead to get the latest schedule.

2 Thank pblanken

Deland
“My favorite place for lunch and dinner!”
Reviewed December 13, 2007

The Old House Café has amazing ambience and sweet southern hospitality. The food is superb. You won't want to leave!

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Very good small restaurant”
Reviewed December 7, 2007

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and staying at a nearby Bed & Breakfast. We stopped by this business earlier in the afternoon and they had just closed for the break between lunch and dinner. We liked what we saw both in the decor and menu and made a reservation for dinner. They are only open for dinner Thursday and Friday night from 5:00 to close. Lunch is Month thru Fri 11:00 to 3:00. We arrived at 6:30 pm and our table was waiting for us and the owner promptly greeted us and sat us. In the next room was a womens group having a Christmas party dinner. The restaurant has two rooms inside and about 10 or so tables. The restaurant was full except for one table on this Thursday night. The menu is limited and my wife opted for the special, Mahi Mahi with a pistachio crust and side of green beans. I ordered the 12 oz. sirloin and baked potato, which they hand cut and a glass of Pinot Grigio wine. The salad was excellent with crispy greens and a house vinagerette. Hot home made bread was also served. The women's group received their meals first and many were raving about the mahi mahi. Our meals came and my wife said it was delicious and let me sample, with me agreeing with her. My sirloin steak was cooked perfect to order (I'm picky, I like it between rare and medium rare). It was also very tender and the extra order of blue cheese butter on top added to a great flavor. My wife ordered chocolate cake for desert. The owner told us a little history about the restaurant and her son is one of the two chefs. After dinner she invited me to the kitchen to meet her son and I was glad to complement them on their serving of the meal. Not forgetting the waitress, there was only one and she was excellent. The restaurant does not advertise and does not need to from what I saw. When in DeLand I would definitely recommend you stop by this restaurant. I almost forgot the interior is decorated with antiques, etc. Every chair, table and plate is different. The current restaurant owner grew up in the house as a child.

3 Thank norme-ormond
DeLand, Florida
“My favorite place to eat in DeLand”
Reviewed November 17, 2007

What a great place for a special date, a family gathering, holiday party....etc....

I love this place. Prices are a little high but you won't mind when you know you are getting a wonderful atmosphere and even better food. Service is great! It is a very old house with the great old wood floors. Lunch or a romatic dinner outside by the pond is wonderful. BEST SOUP!!! We bring all friends and family visiting to this great place. Not open all week - so call ahead to get schedule. Reservations are nice also!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From their website: The Old House Cafe is a delightful blend of Southern Victorian charm, old Florida recipes, soups sandwiches & salads.

Try our Gourmet food selections, we offer prepared foods to go for busy lifestyles.