“A Rare find in Deland”

Ranked #5 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Comfortable modern look with stained floors and beautiful lighting, a great uptown feel.
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This modernized and upbeat restaurant is a must for many to experience. It's not only pleasing to the eye but pleasing to the palette. Their arrangements of ingredients, awakens the palette, from their appetizers, main course, desserts, and fine wines. With that said, their service is impeccable! Jason was tentative and made sure everything was to our liking.

1  Thank Nance H

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently had the privilege of sitting in on a business luncheon held in the upper room of Byte. Our selections for the lunch were somewhat limited. I tried the "Martha's Vineyard" salad, which consisted of Grilled Chicken Breast, Dried Cherries, Gorgonzola, Walnuts, Tomato, Cucumber, Red Leaf Mix, with Housemade Balsamic dressing. The salad filled the large dinner plate, and was absolutely delicious, with just the right amount of dressing (typically I like a lot of dressing). The upper room was modern and sleek, with a separate bar area with stools, and doors that opened onto a covered balcony. Based on this visit, I would eat definitely at this restaurant in the main dining room.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I had never heard of half the things the chefs on Top Chef made when I first started watching. Now I know what they all are but Ive never had any opportunity to experience them. Until now. The amount of mouth watering meals on the menu at Byte makes it hard to decide what to try first! Im so lucky to live a few blocks away to be able to try so many great dishes! Ive had the Fried Green Tomato BLT, the Byte Reuben, and the grilled chicken sandwich (with fig rhubarb jam!) just to name a few favorites. Everything is so delicious. The interior is very upscale, inviting and relaxing. The staff are very friendly. Ive met both the owners, and they are friendly and welcoming, very gracious hosts. I had heard that the food was on the pricey side, but on the contrary I find them very reasonable for the quality of food served. I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I took my family for lunch. Kids ages 11, and 13, as well as the wife and myself. My son had the Italian Burger and loved it, my Daughter had a chicken sandwich she really liked. I had the Thai chicken sandwich, a little dry, but 2 for 1 fat tires helped. My wife is on a low carb diet. She loved the calamari steak, and the ahi tuna. We all enjoyed the apple fennel slaw, which was shaved apples, rather than cabbage. Over all a very creative menu, not just average bar food.