“Well Exceeded Expectations”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Transit: Votran stop on the corner of Howery and Woodland Blvd.
Orlando, Florida
“Well Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

For a resturant where the most costly lunch item is $12, we didn't expect the great food we were served. BTW, dinner menu tops out at $18. Discovered this place during the DeLand Arts Festival and returned for lunch today. I had the Turkey Club and my wife had the Corn Empanadas. They were both excellent! The club was not the traditional club but more like a Dagwood sandwich. Wonderful! Going back Friday with friends for dinner. BTW, the desserts change frequently. We had a cholocate tort that was topped with whipped cream. It was wonderful too! We will return and return and return!
It's not easy to find Artisan Alley. It's across from the old courthouse on New York Ave about half down from Woodlawn. Unfortunatly, there is a craft/wine bar store next door and my wife fell in love with a new set of dining room chairs! So lunch ended up a lot more expensive!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tommie22

DeBary, Florida, USA
“Fresh takes on a new meaning.”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This restaurant emphasizes quality, presentation and service. I've had both lunch and dinner and couldn't be happier. The organic spinach for my salad had been picked that very morning and the taste was so much richer than the standard fare found everywhere else. The quail dish I had at dinner was out of this world. So tasty and innovative. My taste buds, belly and soul left so happy. And then, of course, the "cupcake of the day," to die for. Can't wait to go back and "work my way through the menu."

• Visited November 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“A little difficult to find but worth it.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife, daughters and I ate there and were very pleased. The food was excellent and the service was perfect.. I was a little leery when we walked in as there was only one other table occupied (it was early, 6:30) but by the time we left the restaurant was full. Now I know why.

• Visited November 2013
DeLand, Florida, United States
“Good taste over priced”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

good taste, but very expensive for the quantity served. Had the meatloaf, just the meat with no sides (have allergies) and was charged full price!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DaDonmonn
DeLand, Florida
“A Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our first visit to DITA was after Stetson's first football game was called due to an approaching storm. We were excited and figured we beat the crowd, but disappointed when we learned our wait would be at least 30 minutes...possibly standing outside. However, at the urging of the greeter, we decided to take immediate seating at the bar where we could watch our meal being prepared and chat with the chefs, owners and staff. What a good decision and fun night that turned out to be! Our meal was cooked exactly as ordered and we learned all about the owners, their family, the background of the chefs and their passion for cooking, researching and incorporating deliciously different foods to prepare every day. Frank and Melanie are dedicated restauranteurs that love DeLand and have opened a quality fine dining establishment in town. It's a real gem and we will be back! P.S. Get their "cupcake" of the day for dessert!!

• Visited August 2013