“Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Transit: Votran stop on the corner of Howery and Woodland Blvd.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We are from California visiting relatives in DeLand. Saturday night we had an excellent dinner at Dally in the Alley. A small but mighty restaurant. Best scallops I've had in a long time! In addition, I recommend the fried green tomatoes, and the ribeye (done perfectly to medium rare and the chili pepper, etc. sauce was a winner). Seasoning and sauces were unique on all dishes and provided an extra zing without being overpowering. We're looking forward to visiting this restaurant the next time we come to DeLand.

3  Thank Harry H

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I have had dinner at Dally in the Ally twice. And while they didn't get it right the first time, it was the service more than the food, but they have since then. We had a delightful dinner with excellent service the second time. I had a filet of beef that was cooked to perfection. My husband also had the filet of beef, but a smaller portion that was accompanied by absolutely perfect shrimp! The appetizers are interesting and very good, desserts are too. The chef/owner came to each table and greeted every patron. While the portions are not huge, that's ok, the prices are reasonable. They have a nice selection if wine and beer. It's a pleasant surprise to find this lovely little restaurant in DeLand. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. They will do everything to make your visit the best possible...

3  Thank sveetone12
Reviewed April 28, 2013

What a wonderful find! A friend had recommended this quaint spot in DeLand that certainly did not disappoint! My husband and I love to sample fried green tomatoes when they are on the menu. The Dally version was a stack of three tomatoes with goat cheese in between each one. The remoulade sauce was delicious and the presentation beautiful. For dinner, I chose Cobia, which was a special for the evening. I have been wanting to try this fish that is only in FL waters for short times. It was pan seared and served over a brown and wild rice combination with broccoli that was one of the most flavorful rice dishes that I've ever had. My husband had short ribs, which were served with a fig, shallot, turnip, and merlot base that was divine. The setting is unique, with the building having served as a gas station and gallery in previous years. The service was attentive and our waitress was informative. All that we can say is, "Don't Dally! Go to the Alley!"

1  Thank Zumalou
Reviewed April 9, 2013

There were eight of us for brunch and it was exceptional!! When we went to the restaurant, they were full. We were working next door and they were nice enough to come to get us when a table was ready. We ate outside and had a great time. Great food, wonderful service and excellent attention.

2  Thank Ledzep1974
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I ate here this past Christmas time and loved everything about the place. I went back this time as in town overnight and was hankering for a glass of red wine. Like the first visit, I was treated so kindly even though I sat at the counter with only my glass of wine which they were able to recommend per my taste wishes. Hoping I get to revisit DeLand soon and go by for some of their wonderful food once again.

1  Thank sweetgrits1950