“gone...”

Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“gone...”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Sadly, this restaurant is now closed. Very sorry to see it go, as now all we are left with in DeLand is one half step above canned La Choy gruel at the Woodland icon. Must have taken a nosedive from the time I enjoyed the Asian Moon experience, based on later reviews, when they first opened. This location is, apparently, the kiss of death in DeLand...a delightful, popular Cuban restaurant folded there just month before the Moon opened.

• Visited December 2012

Delano, California
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate at this restaurant three times and twice twice we had the same waitress and the service was not great. Although the waitress was friendly, she could not answer questions about the dishes on the menu. She also brought us the wrong order. The last time we ate there, my food came and we waied about 5 minutes for my husbands order. The food is good, but they need to improve on th,eir service.

• Visited May 2013
High Springs, Florida
“Don't waste your time...”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

after reading reviews for this restaurant we decided to give it try try on 4-12-2013. Boy are we sorry we did, our waitress was totally clueless about items on menu and was not interested in finding out answers to our questions,we ordered crab rangoon which was just plain cream cheese, no crab, no veggies nothing. The waitress then brought us two fried dumplings that we did not order, when we asked what they were she said she didnt know, so I proceeded to give them a try, dipping them in the sauce provided, when I put it in my mouth I thought I was going to throw up, the sauce had gone rancid and was literally fizzing in my mouth. She then brings my plate of food and tells my husband she was going to get his, on the way back the phone rang, she answers the phone despite the fact that there were 3 other people standing there, we waited about 3 or 4 minutes she is still on the phone and no food coming to the table, this is when we got up and left!! too bad as it is a cute place,but staff needs serious training and someone needs to be in charge of food quality!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank sharonw32643
DeLand, Florida
“Asian food lovers should try this place!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have had Chinese food at several restaurants in this area, including take-out. The previous reviews convinced us we should try this new place in Deland. We were not disappointed. We WERE disappointed that the previous restaurant at this address (Tomasita's) was closed. However, Asian Moon is doing a good job to retain the reputation for good food at this locale. There is nothing attractive about the place, outside or inside. So the reason for the good number of clientele has to be the food. We went for the lunch menu which is between $5.25 and $6.15. We ordered Chicken with Cashew Nuts ($5.25) and Coconut Shrimp ($6.15), then shared. The portions are generous, and the food hot, fresh and scrumptious. The sushi menu is ample and we noticed several customers, apparently repeat customers, ordering it. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank brulor
“Appealiing Asian”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Upon arriving in Florida six years ago, I was taken to a popular Chinese eatery. After facing the usual tough shrimp and nondescript, limp veggies trapped in a swamp of viscous, brown goop, I swore off the Chinese dining experience in DeLand. It was with some apprehension, therefore, but encouraged by the great reviews, that I decided to try the newly opened Asian Moon. Good call!

The venue is bright and cheery, not the usual heavy handed red velvet and gilded artwork. My friend and I were the only diners when we entered, and only two other groups followed; so I really can't speak to the noise level if all the closely arranged tables were filled. We were there on a Thursday evening for dinner service, but a weekend could get a bit loud once this gem is discovered.

We were greeted by a pleasant, helpful server bearing wontons and dip. My friend is a genuine Florida deep sea fisherman, so he knows his catch. He ordered grilled scallops and shrimp and said they were perfectly cooked and added that this is seldom the case. I ordered a mix of various shellfish and fish in something called "cloud". The vegertables were fresh, crisp, and the fish was divine. The very best part was the choice of several sauces, served on the side; so I got to chose how much I wanted to add to the plate. I chose the garlic sauce, and it was light and tasty. Our only complaint was the iced tea my partner ordered. It was weak and had a nasty taste, but it was cheerfully exchanged for soda. I had plum winie that was lucious; no send-backs there!

The meal ended with the ubiquitous fortune cookie and a slice orange, a nice little addition. I highly recommend those with a taste for Asian abandon Woodland Boulevard and get over to this place. There is definitely a new kid in town, and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013