“Great food, pretty girls” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #6 of 179 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food, pretty girls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

My co workers and I ate here on our lunch break and we thoroughly enjoyed the quick service, atmosphere, and the food.

Oakland Park, Florida
“Great for a quick lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

The wait time at the hostess desk is hit or miss. On this visit, it took a full minute before anyone acknowledged I was waiting to be seated. Once seated though, the waitress came right over, got my drink order and returned quickly. The restaurant is a mix of booths and tables with a back room. The AC was just right, (not freezing/not hot) the floors and tables were clean. For lunch, I usually go for the Big Deal pulled pork but today I ordered their steak burger (she suggested bacon to go with it - WIN) medium well, no tomato. The burger came exactly as I ordered, including the side of fries it comes with. The temperature was just right. The un-sweet iced tea was not too strong and not too weak. She remembered the Equal sweetener I requested. She checked on me throughout my lunch. When I asked for the check, she offered me a tea to go. Overall, it was a pleasurable dining experience with a yummy burger and fries, and attentive service one I got past the front desk. (I included a pic of the salad bar but didn't order a salad this time.)

Orlando, Florida
“good food, not so good service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was on my lunch break. I waited 7 minutes to be seated, and then 10 minutes before a server came to my table to take my order. My meal came without the fries I ordered. She said they weren't ready yet, but would bring them as soon as they were. I asked for my check as soon as the food was delivered (another 15 minutes) so I wouldn't be late. Never got my fries, never asked if I wanted a drink refill. I have to say, this is my first time at this location. I've never been to any other location where I had these issues. The ironic thing is on the chalkboard as you walk in there was a message that if you show your trip advisor review, you'd get some free food. I'm thinking this review probably won't qualify. Again, Sonny's is excellent, as long as you go to another location.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

We love Sonnys BBQ! Good food and service every time! My husband and kids love coming here! Best BBQ in deland

“Mmm BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Every time we come it's consistently good. They always make lunch happen with time to enjoy and get back to work without being late.