“Local Favorite”

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #6 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I've been a fairly regular customer at Sonny's ever since they built their first restaurant in DeLand (the one that had the roof ripped off by a tornado just days after they sold it). The new place is every bit as good as it ever was. If you're looking for someone in DeLand, Sonny's at lunch time is about as good a place as any to start looking. It's truly a local favorite.

The BBQ is always done right and it's never too spicy (I don't do hot spicy food!). Want more hot stuff? Add it yourself.

Service is always very friendly and efficient - never a problem that I've ever seen or heard of. If you like baked beans, you'll love Sonny's. Their beans can't be beat. I once went to a different BBQ place here in DeLand, and when I asked about the beans, the waitress admitted that they aren't as good as Sonny's (she used to work there).

The closest I could come to a negative is if you order an "all you can eat" special, don't be surprised if the seconds, thirds, etc., aren't as good as the first plate. Nothing unusual here though - every place does that. Just order a regular meal and skip the "all you can eat" - your waist line will thank you.

I had lunch with a friend from church this afternoon. Today's waitress was Shelby - excellent waitress!

There are newer reviews for Sonny's BBQ

Reviewed December 11, 2013

While I have always been a fan of Sonny's Real Pitt BBQ the Sonny's in Deland has really raised the bar, the food is always fresh, the salad bar has a great variety and the service has always been up to par. Shelby was my server upon my last visit, she was attentive as well as very knowledgeable of the menu as she recommended the dieters plate to us.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

The service has always been great every time I have gone. Some of the servers that I have had have been great such as Amanda Brunson, Shelby, Lisa, and Paige. The bar has also been great. The food is always good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I eat at this sonny's all the time and the food is always fresh and hot. The servers are all so friendly and happy. Food came out fast so I can get in and out during lunch.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I've been to sonnys all over the state but this one is the best one I've been to. It's unique on the inside but yet still has the classic sonnys feel and taste!