“Small portions, over priced, tasteless garlic bread :((”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #6 of 182 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Barbecue
ORANGE CITY, FL
“Small portions, over priced, tasteless garlic bread :((”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sorry, but this is NOT going to be a good review. I have been to sonnys BBQ all over florida. This one flat out SUCKED!! The charbroiled chicken sandwhich was half the size of the bun, burnt, and grizzly. The garlic bread my daughter wouldnt touch cause it had no flavor. The hot dog bun was stale. The salad bar was ok.. but not that great. We spent 25$ for 3 meals, we all had water.. which to me was way over priced. The french fries look and tasted like they had been refried.. just plain dissastisfied. I should have asked for my money back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank momster1234

DeLand, Florida
“Best BBQ around!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

In my opinion, others come and go but Sonny's is always reliably the best BBQ anywhere. This location is no exception. Word of warning on ANY Sonny's location - If you get takeout, check it because they will try to give you older stuff that would likely get sent back from a table. All Sonny's need to fix this or somebody better will EVENTUALLY take their current place on my list.

Visited January 2013
DeLand, Florida
“Was not a fan, but NOW I am !!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Lived in Jacksonville for years, Sonny's was a staple, all over town. Was never a fan, just was not impressed. Now we have one in DeLand, wife wanted to go and try them, I went with very little hope of enjoying the dinner. Well, I was very impressed, the brisket was great, get it on the bun, the fries are well cooked, crispy and yummy. The tea with lemon is perfect, great big glass, and they will give you a refill to go !! I have tried the ribs also, they are very tasty, the choice of sauces are all you need, if you think you need them !!!

Daytona Beach S
“Good service okay food from a 1-10 it gets a 6”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My friend and I ate there for lunch Saturday.
They were pretty busy,but got seated right away.
Service was great,food was okay,Iwe got the chicken with 2 sides
chicken had a little pink/red In one of the pieces.
I got indigestion big time I think from the chicken and beans
I believe this Sonny's Is a liitle higher priced then the other ones in the county.

Visited February 2013
Deland, Fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 strikes and won't go back for the 3rd - No Management”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

2 miserably small pieces of chicken with a handful of fries just doesn't cut it, all at a price above $10. I did like the coleslaw though.

I decide to try it once more a couple weeks later and the ribs were so dry I couldn't eat them.

I frequent the other restaurants in Deland with similar menus and I actually wrote to them through their web site.

They sent me an email that someone would get back with me, it was totally ignored so I guess they lack management skills as well.

• Visited October 2012