“Never again”
Review of Dublin Station - CLOSED

Dublin Station
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The restaurant we wanted to try was closed, so we chose the Dublin Station. Found a booth since the sign said Seat Yourself. They were busy, but there were some tables open. We sat ourselves and were rather taken aback when a very rude waitress gruffly commented that she'd be with us as soon as she could. No smile, no hello. She came back and my husband asked her what they had on tap, in which irritably she replied there was a menu on the table with the draft selections if we wanted to read it. I obliged and we all looked at each other like WTH? Sorry to bother you. She came back, still no greeting, asked us if we'd decided, took our order for 2 draft beers and a water. The beer was $5.50 each. A bit high for draft, but we're in downtown Deland. She sets the beers down and still no pleasantries (did we remind her of someone she didn't like?), and left again. Meanwhile we're looking over the menu which wasn't anything to get excited about, waited to order, still no waitress..other table next to us sat themselves, was being waited on by someone else and their order was taken. Ok..enough of this, I called another restaurant from my cellphone to see if they were open and thank goodness, they were. The OTHER waitress came over to take our order, we asked for the bill and left. Never to return again. Horrible experience. And to think we just wanted to have a pleasant lunch out as a family who rarely get to spend time together.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been going to Dublin's for years now. Great atmosphere, they have had better service, but staff is newer/younger so less familiar with customers. The food is fantastic though, have yet to have something and be disappointed. Personal favorites include the Slaw Dog, Hamburger, Potato Pancakes (Rumplede... something), chili, egg salad, and quesadilla. My husband almost always gets the chili cheese fries with bacon and jalapenos added on (which none of that is on the menu). I've been with others who have had the Reuben and loved it. A very popular place for St Patrick's.

1  Thank lilylouise13